Eagles and Dolphins trading 1st round picks? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles and Dolphins trading 1st round picks?

WeOwndPPStadium said:
I personally am not for the trade and I still think the Phins gave up way too much for AJ. He should have gotten the Eagles a 4th rounder at best.

One thing to keep in mind on the Feely Trade...it was a 2nd rounder NEXT Year...(In Essence a 3rd Rounder THIS YEAR) You see teams all the time giving up a 1st Round Picks Next Year for a 2nd Round This Year Etc; (Especially our Dolphins)...

Consider it "interest" for getting his talents today and paying for him tomorrow.

:jetssuck:

One thing to keep in mind on the Feely Trade...it was a 2nd rounder NEXT Year...(In Essence a 3rd Rounder THIS YEAR) You see teams all the time giving up a 1st Round Picks Next Year for a 2nd Round This Year Etc; (Especially our Dolphins)...

Consider it "interest" for getting his talents today and paying for him tomorrow.

I know I've been known to use this argument as well but I'm starting to change my mind. The value of that kind of trade tends to vary across the boards. I personally would start to place the value of next year's 2nd rounder at about the value of this year's late 2nd rounder. I don't think the year of service of a 3rd round draft choice makes the pick that much sexier than waiting until the next year and using your 2nd rounder on a flat out more talented player. I know the fins would probably disagree with me, but thats just what I think.

ckparrothead said:
I know I've been known to use this argument as well but I'm starting to change my mind. The value of that kind of trade tends to vary across the boards. I personally would start to place the value of next year's 2nd rounder at about the value of this year's late 2nd rounder. I don't think the year of service of a 3rd round draft choice makes the pick that much sexier than waiting until the next year and using your 2nd rounder on a flat out more talented player. I know the fins would probably disagree with me, but thats just what I think.

I don't know, CK...if we were a team looking for a LT, would you be willing to trade a mid-late 2nd round pick for Wade Smith? (considering his year of experience at LT, the extra training he has had with NFL coaches & trainers, the weight/muscle he has added, plus his 3rd-rounder salary)

I think Smith was well worth our 2nd rounder this year, even in a deep draft like this one.

Another idea: perhaps the Dolphins F.O. knew that this year's draft would be deep, but necessarily at OT. So, they thought a solid OT prospect in the 3rd round last year would certainly be better than what they might be able to get in the 2nd round this year. (okay, maybe that is giving too much credit to the F.O.)

i find this rumour to be rediculous. why would we give up 8 spots just to get our 2nd rounder back for next year? stupid, if anything, spielman wants a 2nd rounder this year. if that were to happen, then stuart schweigert would be the guy we look to.

WeOwndPPStadium said:
I personally am not for the trade and I still think the Phins gave up way too much for AJ. He should have gotten the Eagles a 4th rounder at best.
If you think we gave up too much for Feeley, then why against this trade?
It'd mean we got Feeley for only 8 spots...nothing more.

That's a steal....
That means we would end up with Feeley & Smiley/Carey & our 2nd round pick back!!!!!!! SWEET!
instead of
only Shawn Andrews (at #20) *IF* he's available.

:cool:

I don't see the Eagles trading for the 20th pick, not in this draft. You'll get just as good a player 28, as 20.
The Eagles want a higher pick, and in my opinion, dolphins hold all the cards. I can foresee Chicago, and Miami, working out a deal that would land them the 14th pick, then Philly negotiating with Miami for the 14th pick. Ogun will be dealt to somebody. It makes no sense keeping him half a year, then losing him for nothing next season.

I'm almost confident Ogun will be a Bear, if they can sign him. The bigger question is, will Philly, and Miami, do a similar deal that's being talked about with the 49ers. That being the 28th pick, and their pro bowl guard, and possibly other compensation for the dolphin's 14th pick.

It does make some sense. Miami loses a young pro bowl DE, but, get a young pro bowl guard/tackle, and multiple picks. Hmm, this could be quite a draft day.

54, I think this makes sense to the fins if Andrews (assuming he is their top choice at #20) is gone...The differences value-wise between 20 and 28 is negligible, particularly in this draft. We could then go with Smiley to fill the hole in our line, not overpay for him and probably get the best pure guard in the draft, as well as a player that could start for us. Since player-evaluation and acquiring is RS job, getting back our #2 pick from last year would be a huge bonus to just trading down and getting another 3rd round pick,even if it is this year vs. next....We will have holes to fill next year too, and will be in the same predicament unless he can work out a deal of some kind...this would have nothing to do with Ogun, or anything else, just has to do with Philly wanting to jump up and grab someone...We should be so lucky....

With the Dillon trade to NE, the Pats ure now unlikely to be looking at a RB with the 21st pick.

WeOwndPPStadium said:
I was wondering if anyone here heard this rumor:

Eagles get Dolphins #1 (20) Dolphins get Eagles #1(28) and the Dolphins #2 next year (returned from AJ Feely trade)

This is on the Eagles Message Board EMB Link

It makes sense, Fins trade down, grab Carey at #28 and get their 2nd rounder back next year.

The rumor I heard is that Feeley goes back to the Eagles and we get our #2 pick BACK, AND your 1st rnd pick !!

phunwin said:
Hold on a second. They had Brian Westbrook break out big time last year. They had Correll Buckhalter play well too. Why would the Eagles want Steven Jackson?

Winny, that's the IGGLES for ya !! :D

The Eagles are trying to move up and if its true they are trying to move to #20 then its a RB they covet...either Steven Jackson (who could go to Denver at pick #17) or Kevin Jones/Chris Perry.

I disagree. I dont think Reid likes to take RBs in the 1st rd., not when hes found quality players like Buckhalter and Westbrook in later rds. The Eagles are trading up to get LB or D-line. They couldnt stop the run last year, so I think thats what they are targeting. They traded up last year to get a Miami D-lineman, and I think they will do the exact same thing this year and try to get Wilfork. If not him either of the 2 Miami LBs. Im also afraid they could be trading up to take our guy Shawn Andrews, they have an aging o-line that could use a new big guy to help protect Donovan. Wow, I didnt write 1 thing about the Fins, LOL.

I am not sold on Andrews....

I've had sinus conditions all my life, and have taken steroid medications for them, and I haven't gained 60 pounds in the course of six months or so - and I have covered dish suppers once a week. :rolleyes:

This guy seems to me to have some serious fork in mouth problems, folks, in addition to the sinus mess. How serious could he be about a full time paying job as a RT if he allowed himself to get that big without taking some action. "Like, Doc, man. I'm really getting PHAT - pretty heavy and tired - and could we, you know, knock off some of the roids or something, or at least cut them down." If we do pull a trade, get a good OG, and then look for a DT. The beasts up front win the games - but they have to be in shape to do it.

Mile High Fin said:
If you think we gave up too much for Feeley, then why against this trade?
It'd mean we got Feeley for only 8 spots...nothing more.

That's a steal....
That means we would end up with Feeley & Smiley/Carey & our 2nd round pick back!!!!!!! SWEET!
instead of
only Shawn Andrews (at #20) *IF* he's available.

:cool:

I'm against giving your second rounder back to move up 8 slots. Last year, we traded our 1st and 3rd to move up 15 slots. I dont care if the pick is a 2nd rounder next year, it's good to have when the time comes. I also feel that the Eagles covet a number of players who will be available at #20 and not #28, not only Jackson. Eagles may grab DJ Williams or Vilma if available or even a corner who could come in and start.

Back
Top Bottom