Eagles toying to trade Owens? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles toying to trade Owens?

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
It seems like that he wants a better contract and the Eagles could be tired of TO attitude already. This story is from PFT, so it might be true and it might be false. A little while back ago there was 2 NFC teams interested in trading up for the #2. Could the Eagles be one of them?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PhinDude88 said:
It seems like that he wants a better contract and the Eagles could be tired of TO attitude already. This story is from PFT, so it might be true and it might be false. A little while back ago there was 2 NFC teams interested in trading up for the #2. Could the Eagles be one of them?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

NOONE would give up a 1st and another pick for Owens.. They got him for a 2nd, he is a year older, anyone who would give up a 1st and more for him would be a fool.

They won't trade him they need him way too much. I am a strong believer in players playing out there contracts. If you don't like what you are getting don't sign the contract. I understand if it was someone who came out of nowhere to be a star like a Tom Brady or a Priest Holmes. But TO was a star when he signed that contract.

The dolphins wouldn't trade a 2nd pick for him. We need a RB or QB much more badly than a WR.

I doubt they'd trade him...but I could understand why they'd want to. Someone signing a bigtime contract, playing 1/6 of it then bitching and threatening to hold out if he doesnt get a brand new, even bigger one is inexcusable IMO. I couldnt work in an NFL front office, cuz I honestly wouldnt have the patience to deal with these whiny spoiled athletes that expect to be gifted the moon playing a game for a living (yes, I know they work hard, but are they any more deserving of that kind of money than say, a cop or a construction worker? IMO no) and their greedy agents that help foster that kind of attitude. He's playing on a contract thats paying him like $46mil...thats more than enough to live really well...so just shut up and play TO.

SkapePhin said:
NOONE would give up a 1st and another pick for Owens.. They got him for a 2nd, he is a year older, anyone who would give up a 1st and more for him would be a fool.
i would give up my first if I were the Pats.....but thats all i'd give up.

Back
Top Bottom