Eagles Vs Saints Nfc Divison Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles Vs Saints Nfc Divison Game

Brees having a bit of a nightmare at the moment, Eagles game to lose, Brees needs to step it up, not good enough by his standards.

Saints looked like they hadn’t played in a month. What a dreadful start. They are getting it together now but boy are they making it hard on themselves with all of the penalties on the o-line.

Saints looked like they hadn’t played in a month. What a dreadful start. They are getting it together now but boy are they making it hard on themselves with all of the penalties on the o-line.

Yep the Eagles are doing what we have done in some games start off hot then we go cold.

Gotta say -- Brees is still an impressive athlete @40 and

freakin' Ginn (and I assume with HIS FAMILY) making

plays reminding me of the endless list of dudes who

looked like $hit in a Dolphins uni and yet

can play ball elsewhere!

I mean WTF is THAT all about???????

No doubt in my mind, if given the chance Tannehill could play just as well as Foles in the playoffs.........notttttttt lol. Can you imagine if Tannehill somehow actually started a playoff game? It would have to be if the team's actual starter went down cause lord knows Tannehill ain't leading a team into the playoffs. But if he did find himself playing in a playoff game, I'm laughing just thinking about it.

Riddle me this. Why with 30 seconds left in the first half and the saints with no timeouts on a o holding call didn’t they take a 10 second run off and start the clock on the referees whistle? Hmm.

And worse why didn’t the nfl buzz down to make sure the handling was correct?

Instead saints got a free clock stoppage timeout when they had none on a offensive holding penalty in the last 2 minutes of the half.

What’s up with that?

Riddle me this. Why with 30 seconds left in the first half and the saints with no timeouts on a o holding call didn’t they take a 10 second run off and start the clock on the referees whistle? Hmm.

Instead saints got a free clock stoppage timeout when they had none on a offensive holding penalty in the last 2 minutes of the half.

What’s up with that?
I said the same thing and then figured perhaps I didn’t understand the rule the way I thought I did.

Got an old buddy who lives in Tupelo and is a lifelong RAMS fan. Back in the day we used to take off and go to different NFL venues on a whim. Last game we went to one was back in 2014 when the Rams were still in St Louis. After the Saints won he called me and asked if I wanted to go to the NFC Championship with him in New Orleans. I told him I'm in.

What’s up with that?

Here are two options for you, pick the one you like the most:

A. Game officials and/or NFL officials in New York made a crucial mistake because they weren't paying attention to details.

or

B. The officials and/or the NFL wanted New Orleans to score.

I'm personally going with option A.

What’s up with that?
Do not think holding falls into the categories for the 10 second runoff.

The following situations result in a 10-second game clock runoff if the team in possession of the ball is trailing or the game is tied and the team in possession of the ball has no timeouts remaining in that half/overtime. If up to 10 seconds remain in the half/overtime/game, the period/game will end by such runoff.

• Excessive timeouts due to injuries (see below)
  • Instant replay overturns a call on the field and the correct ruling would not stop the game clock
  • One of the following six fouls is committed by the offense. Following the runoff, the game clock will resume again once the ball is set. The runoff can also occur if a team declines to use a timeout if it has timeouts remaining.
    • False start
    • Intentional grounding
    • Illegal forward pass beyond the line of scrimmage
    • Throwing a backwards pass out of bounds
    • Spiking or throwing the ball away after a down (unless after a touchdown)
    • Any other intentional act that causes the clock to stop

Back
Top Bottom