Earl Little released by Browns | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Earl Little released by Browns

TheMadPorpoise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I've been down with the flu, so I'm not sure if this is new or not, but Cleveland has released FS Earl Little. He was signed as an undrafted FA out of Miami by the Dolphins in 1997. He was a promising college player until he went home one night to find his roommate murdered. His college career wasn't the same after that, but he turned into a decent starter in Cleveland. He seems like a Saban type of guy that wouldn't command a huge salary. Any thoughts?

Shifty187 said:
Hes 32...

We need youth!

That's why we'll probably draft a safety later this month, but rookie safeties aren't usually ready to step in and start. Travares Tillman and Yeremiah Bell are the only two free safeties we have on the roster, and they are both inexperienced.

Usually teams only carry 5 safeties at the most into the season.

We already have Bell, Tillman, Jones, and Bua. We only need one more safety and I'd rather have another young ballhawk FS than an SS.

TheMadPorpoise said:
I've been down with the flu, so I'm not sure if this is new or not, but Cleveland has released FS Earl Little. He was signed as an undrafted FA out of Miami by the Dolphins in 1997. He was a promising college player until he went home one night to find his roommate murdered. His college career wasn't the same after that, but he turned into a decent starter in Cleveland. He seems like a Saban type of guy that wouldn't command a huge salary. Any thoughts?

I don't think he'd be such a bad pickup if he comes at a cheap price. I don't think age is the biggest concern, as money is. If we can pick him up for a cheap reasonable price, than I'm all for it. As for having too many safeties, we should just have everyone fight it out in training camp and may the best man win the job. By all means Little's not going to be the answer for our safety position in the future, but he might prove to be a good pickup if the price is right. He'll be able to fill in the VOID we have now... (IF he's better than what we got). He's got the experience, that's for sure. Well, just throwing my two cents in... Feel better man.

Back
Top Bottom