Early Fins news from Mobile at the Senior Bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Fins news from Mobile at the Senior Bowl

My best friend went to HS with Leckey and they are good friends. I've hung out with the guy and he's not only a great player, he's committed to football and his teammates.

If you ever watch him play, he always his best when his team needs him most and against the best players. Especially the way he played against Oklahoma and Tommie Harris he was lined up against on some plays. He played mostly Guard this year but would make a phenomenal Center in the NFL with his athleticism and mean streak. I wouldn't mind him in a kind of trade down to the mid second type deal.

That's probably just because I know who he is and could get to meet some Phins lol!

Be very careful about cutting and pasting Premium info from TFY. I know Tony Pauline from over there and nothing pisses him off more than that.

Nick Leckey could really be a great player here. McKinney seems to be a better G than C to me.

Put McKinney at LG and tell to get to 310 weight wise so we can have a C like Leckey. If we have two first rounders I say trade down with one and get this kid with our second. We would also have an extra 3 and 5 that way.

FinsOnTop Miami will most probably get their top picks for offense for OL, WR, and QB. With the whole O-Gun let's say he goes to Philly who got no pass rush on the Panthers yesterday for the 31st overall first round and a late 3rd rounder, and we can't match their 5-6m offer(to break out of their eternal cheapness mold this is what Philly may do). Well then you trade down with that for a second rounder, third rounder, and fifth. Your draft could be

1- WR/QB
2- C/G
3-WR/QB loser from first round
3-DE
3-DT like the ones they looked at
4-CB/S
5-MLB
5-WR/KR
6-nickel or dime back
7- your guess is as good as mine

Yes this is highly possibly.

If Philly was the team that made the offer, I would match. Not worth it. If we kept Ogun we would consistently have the best DE tandem in the league and constant pressure on the passer. You don't give that up for the 30th pick in the draft. It should be the 30th I think, because the winner of the super bowl should be 32, and the loser 31...might be 29th

But either way my idea is to use our multiple first rounders plus next years first to go high and trade for Eli Manning. I doubt that could be done if we have Philly's pick.

Yeah, it would need to be a high pick to let Ogun go. I mean, really; a PROVEN, YOUNG, DEVELOPING PRO-BOWL DE? That's what teams HOPE to get from top 10 picks in 2-3 years time and Ogun offers the sure thing. We'd need to find some way to keep him for anything less than a top 10 pick.

We can't afford to match a 5-6m deal. I mean how obvious did I make that.

It all depends on the deal. I don't think a team will offer him JT type money if only because they know they have to pay a 1st and 3rd for him on top of that.

So chances are its going to be a deal that we can match, unless we just totally ruin our rapport with Ogunleye.

How is O-Gun a sure thing? Hs he done this w/o a top DE on the other end of him?

I don't remember him doing that. A lot of FA signees play MUCH worse than they did before with their old team.

I let O-Gun go for any first. It's called selective distribution of funds and we need to selectively distribute more to this offense.

clear.gif

10 hours=Too far.....:nono:

Originally posted by ZOD
clear.gif

10 hours=Too far.....:nono:

I don't know about you, but that looks like the long route. You could cut out about 400 miles by not going through all the capitals & just going straight to Mobile.

The only news about us from today's evening practice is that we are continuing to look at lineman & QBs. No names were mentioned today.

Back
Top Bottom