Early Pro Bowl Predictions for the 'Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Pro Bowl Predictions for the 'Fins

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I know we're less than half way through the season but I thought I'd take a look at who the early front runners are for that trip to Hawaii. This could be a big year for the 'Fins if things keep going the way they are but the year is still young and we still have to motor past our annual late-season-slump.

Anyway, here are my early nominees:

1. Ricky Williams: No brainer as he's #2 in the NFL in rushing and has carried this team.
2. Randy McMichael: He's been the second best tight end in football this year and consistently makes plays.
3. Jamie Nails: He's been getting a ton of press with his weight story, and his run blocking has been phenominal.
4. Jason Taylor: He's getting his sacks (4 on the year) and is making plays all over the place.
5. Patrick Surtain: He missed a couple of games, but that might make his case even stronger as everyone saw how much the defense missed him.

Here are a couple more who could have a shot if they step up their games a little:

1. Sam Madison: He's still the man.
2. Zach Thomas: He's tapered off ever so slightly this year but is still one of the best in the game.
3. Rob Konrad: Showing everyone why we drafted him in the second round.
4. Chris Chambers: His production is gradually increasing as he's learning to deal with double coverage but he needs to see more action to earn a trip to the "Big Island."
5. Anyone else on the O-line, as these guys have really stepped up their games.

:shark:

Originally posted by Expo88
I know we're less than half way through the season but I thought I'd take a look at who the early front runners are for that trip to Hawaii. This could be a big year for the 'Fins if things keep going the way they are but the year is still young and we still have to motor past our annual late-season-slump.

1. Ricky Williams: No brainer as he's #2 in the NFL in rushing and has carried this team.
2. Randy McMichael: He's been the second best tight end in football this year and consistently makes plays.
3. Jamie Nails: He's been getting a ton of press with his weight story, and his run blocking has been phenominal.
4. Jason Taylor: He's getting his sacks (4 on the year) and is making plays all over the place.
5. Patrick Surtain: He missed a couple of games, but that might make his case even stronger as everyone saw how much the defense missed him.

Here are a couple more who could have a shot if they step up their games a little:

2. Zach Thomas: He's tapered off ever so slightly this year but is still one of the best in the game.
4. Chris Chambers: His production is gradually increasing as he's learning to deal with double coverage but he needs to see more action to earn a trip to the "Big Island."

Like everyone else in the NFL you have forgotten Brock Marion. He has 2 ints and is only 2 off the lead. He has had back to back 5 int years, and leads the team the past 2 seasons and 5 games. With Mcaferrie and Sharpe the Broncos will go over the middle alot witch will give Marrion plenty of chances to make plays.

You're right, I did forget about Brock, he would definitely make my list as a potential Pro Bowler. Thanks.

I think Konrad is the BIGGEST lock along with RW's...

Originally posted by Expo88

Agreed, Konrad has had an extreamly solid year all around both leadblocking and recieving.

Doesn't it suck that the Best QB, RB, and TE in the NFL so far this year are all 3 in the AFC... Thats gonna make it a tough case for Jay, Ricky, and Randy to get in unless they stay at the same level they've been playing at.

Jay is having by far and away his best year as a pro and might make it in as the #3 QB behind Gannon and Bledsoe.

Ricky is running great, but so is Holmes, Tomlinson, and Garner... somebody is going to be dissapointed at the end of the year.

Randy is tearing it up, but looking at Gonzo's numbers and Todd Heaps numbers are both on par or even better than Randy's (also remember that Heap has only played 4 games) Randy will have to keep playing great ball to get his trip to Hawaii...

Nails should be a lock if he keeps it up... he is just blocking like a madman.
Zach is having another good year, but his numbers arent reflecting what he does... once again I think the voters will spurn him only to have the AFC Coach take him as a coaches selection.

Jason Taylor is having another great season and is (IMHO) the best DE in the NFL right now. The guy carries our front 4 and could be the best player we have in the box (even above Zach)

Surtain and Madison are both making strong cases as well... one of the 2 should make it (my vote goes to Surtain at teh moment)

Which finnaly brings us to Marion. It's entirely possible that the voters will overlook him, which would be a shame becasue he is playing at a level that not many players are at... if he keeps it up for a few more years he'll be writing his ticket to Canton not just Hawaii.

GO PHINZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricky Williams :up:
Randy McMichael :up:
Jamie Nails - tough to get in a 1 year alone as OLmen especially a G
Jason Taylor: :up:
Patrick Surtain - too many other CBs making name still under Sam's shadow and he's been hurt and our pass D is less than stellar statistically

Sam Madison: w/b on rep alone
Zach Thomas: ditto
Rob Konrad: on pace to at least be alternate :up:
Chris Chambers: should come on and have great season, but there are too many pass happy Os for him to have stats to make Pro Bowl
Ruddy may make to represent our OL based on passed rep and having solid season
Brock has good shot since FS is not overloaded w/superstars and he is having usual great year.

I would say that if they picked the team right now, the following would go:
Randy McMichael
Ricky Williams
Brock Marion
Sam Madison
Jason Taylor
Jamie Nails

the following would be alternates:
Patrick Surtain (he has played at a high level, but he missed 2 games, but if he plays as well as he has for the rest of the year he will go)
Zach Thomas
Jay Fiedler
Rob Konrad

the following could go if they step their games up:
Chris Chambers

Gasp!

What if Jay would finish the year real good! Bet he would be a Pro Bowl QB!

I think RW will be in the ProBowl as long as he keeps this pace up. He looks to reach 1000 yds maybe by the Jets game after the bye week. He could have good games against the pack and jets and the bills. And hopefully this week.

Jay is playing great Ball... but unfortunately the only way I see him getting in is if Gannon, Bledsoe, or Brunell seriously slip up.
:cry:

Damn right about Brock getting overlooked every year. It really frustrated me, because Rod Woodson ALWAYS gets in. I dunno if he'll deserve it this season, but last season he didn't. If Brock doesn't get in and deserves it, some poeple better go into hiding......

On a side note, there is little question in my mind that Sam is still the better corner. The last 5 weeks, he has played suberb, he even played OK against the Chiefs. He will definately be the Probowl pick over Pat, even though Pat will deserve to go too......

Pat's good, but Sam is just plain awesome. Pat's versatile and helps us paint more of the field than Sam, but Sam...I mean what else can you say about the guy? The guy has 23 interceptions over the last 5 seasons (tied with Rod Woodson for most in the last 5 seasons) and yet he plays PRESS MAN coverage. Thats not supposed to happen. Its just, not supposed to happen that way. When you play press man coverage, you're back is always to the QB, yet Sam manages to break on the ball every year. Play strictly zone, and you get to watch a QB's eyes and see where he's gonna throw it, then get yourself in position. But Sam doesn't have that luxury.

Best cover corner in the league. Period.

Some guys that are not mentioned by anybody should try to step up their game. Tim Bowens has all the gifts but doesn't play to his potential IMO. Larry Chester is doing well stopping the run but we don't hear his name very often. You almost never hear Rodgers or Greenwoods name called in a ballgame. The rest of the D is carrying these guys so far. I'm not sold on either one of our outside backers. They are below average and nowhere near any probowls. On offense everyone IMO is playing as good as they can. Pro Bowl so far: Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison and maybe Brock Marion( he's been there before) On offense I see Jay Fiedler getting in along with Rickey Williams, Randy McMichael and on the bubble Chambers, Konrad and Nails. So far Olindo isn't up to his normal standards but there is a long way to go. What about Todd Wade?

Back
Top Bottom