Early Reviews On Dolphins S Minkah Fitzpatrick From His Position Coaches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Reviews On Dolphins S Minkah Fitzpatrick From His Position Coaches

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

Miami Dolphins rookie Minkah Fitzpatrick has been impressive in OTAs. (Allen Eyestone/The Post)

Defensive backs coach Tony Oden said. “He’s a very good communicator. He works hard. He wants extra study. Those things are more mature than most. He’s falling in line to be exactly what we thought he would be.”

He repeatedly noted how intelligent Fitzpatrick is, but is tempering his expectations by pointing out at every turn that he’s still a rookie and he’s going to encounter some of the issues that typically accompany this transition.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...minkah-fitzpatrick-from-his-position-coaches/

“After Tuesday’s OTA practice, assistant defensive backs coach Renaldo Hill studied Fitzpatrick’s film and was impressed when he noticed something unusual for a rookie. Before the snap, Fitzpatrick noticed a couple players out of position and got them in the right spots. Hill, who played in the league for a decade, didn’t expect that from someone who was in his fourth pro practice.

“He’s already identifying the big picture,” he said. “Those are things some guys search for their entire career, to be able to identify where other people are at, and if you can identify where other people are at, that helps you as a player, that helps the scheme, and he already has a lot of those tools.”

What Hill likes best so far is how natural Fitzpatrick looks on the field.

“You can’t teach the feel for the game, and he has it Day One stepping out there,” he said.”

When I read that I get goose bumps, this guy in his 4th pro practice is not only focused on making sure he knows what he is doing but on making sure what everyone else should be doing as well.

He was my favorite player in the draft and cannot wait to see him on the field. He could be a transformative player for us.

He was my favorite player in the draft and cannot wait to see him on the field. He could be a transformative player for us.

He was my favorite player in the draft too. I just didn't think there was anyway he'd fall to us. If he turns out to be as good as I think he will then he alone makes the entire defense better.

He was my favorite player in this draft as well and didn't think he'd be there till about a week before the draft. That's when we got some info/rumors that at least one OT might go top 10 plus all 4 QB's. At that point I thought there was a chance for him to be there as long as enough dumb teams would pass on him. So glad we drafted him.

Imagine what our D might look like with Reshad free to be more aggressive, trusting that things behind him are under control.

i like the possibilities we have with him as our true centerfielding Free Safety...interested to see how it all plays out with these 3 starting caliber safetys we have so much $ invested in....does he start week 1?

To be able to play single high changes everything with our defense! Having the ability and having utmost confidence that your FS can call out players and know everyone's roles and responsibilities will in time make this defense elite. Having Reshad being able to go back to his role as up in the box safety and use his roaming prowess will be huge for us. If Xavien and McCain can lock down their responsibilities and the combo of Tank and Lippet continue to improve is very exciting to imagine what are base, nickle and dime defenses will be able to do. Minkah is going to be Peyton Manning like for pur defense and he will be that transformations talent we'e been crying for!

The point I attempted to make on our episode released today is that Minkah Fitzpatrick making all of the defensive calls should actually help Reshad Jones quite a bit because as the veteran of the group who has seen the most and made the most plays, he's now afforded the ability to focus on reading the offense and making plays, rather than babysitting everyone, telling them where to be, etc.

Back
Top Bottom