Early Scouts Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Scouts Report

Jason Taylor did not really become a dominant players until a couple of years. This guy has the quick step and the same build as JT. I think he will retire Brady a year or two early.
This guy is entitled to his opinion, even if he is wrong. The Fins will use his talent in a variety of ways and drive Belechick nuts.

Talked to my buddy - updated the OP

When you think about what your friend has told you, he has said nothing that most other Solid evaluators, like Mike Mayock and Todd McShay have been saying, since the pick was made. Jordan has an elite 1st step which sets him apart from all the others in the draft. They both admit that Jordan's potential may not be reached for a few years. They also both talked about how he needs to get stronger and add some bulk. For what Miami needs at this point is someone with Jordan's talent to come in and learn and contribute by executing his assignments on game day. I think the consensus has always been IF you hit on him he is more like Jason Taylor and DeMarcus Ware than Huey Richardson and others who've failed to live up to their potential. The cool part about the Jordan story is when Ross gave his blessing at a dinner with his Coaches and GM, to go get Jordan, when they all spoke so enormously glowing of Dion Jordan and his potential. I don't think your friend is that much smarter than the whole Miami Dolphins coaching staff, they know what they are getting right now, and that is an unfinished product. To be honest the whole scouting world knows the best of Jordan may be seen in 2-3 years. Just like with Tannehill, his best has yet to come. But if Jordan can truly excel in his role this year it's a tremendous WIN for The Miami Dolphins.

I think there will be a lot of doubters on this pick...if Gruden didn't like it you can bet there are others with a similar perspective.

ESPN...nuff said. But many didnt like the Marino pick.....until later. That is how this Jordan pick will go down folks.

ESPN...nuff said. But many didnt like the Marino pick.....until later. That is how this Jordan pick will go down folks.
i dont remember many people disliking the Marino pick at the end of the first round

This post is for guys and Ladies that have been around on the board for a few years. As many of you know - I have a buddy of mine that is a scout for the Pat's and every year we meet up following the draft when he is in town and we talk about the draft. My buddy has NEVER been a hater and he always give me an objective view of our draft picks. This guy has been spot on with about 90% of our picks. from Matt Roth and Hartline to Egnew and Tanny. WELL the interesting thing is I NEVER hear from the guy until the days following the draft as he is always busy. SO a TXT from him last night right after the pick was a HUGE surprise. No elaboration jut "bad Pick". We can look at this several ways. Either he is right OR is this the 1st sign of HATE from my buddy? Is the pick SO good that the Pat's are a little worried? I want to take that position because I LOVE the pick. I'll have dinner with him in few days and like always I will put everything that I get from him up on the board for you guys to see. UPDATE - --------- ----------- So had drinks with my buddy last night. Said whats up and jumped right into the D Jordan discussion....LOL SO I asked him what he thought about the pick. "Jordan got drafted because of his potential. He looks the part but he does not play the part. At least not yet and I don't think he will for another 2-3 years. He lacks strength, he can't hold up when he is the point of attack. Teams will run right at him and making him none effective on run downs. He is a sub package guy and wont be on the field that often just not what you want with a 3rd overall pick. he don't have a strong punch and he is limited in his pass rush moves. He is a run around guy and he is what he is...... a bball player on the football field. Not sure why you guys took him that high when you got Vernon. Vernon is going to be GOOD!!! He is everything that Jordan isn't and he is what you need as a full time starter." So I said he was the top pass rusher in the draft. His response to some. But for Miami not a priority that high. If you wanted a DE there where plenty later.

Why does Jordan have to be a RDE? Why not start Vernon at RDE and have Jordan play the Von Miller role as an OLB?

Why does Jordan have to be a RDE? Why not start Vernon at RDE and have Jordan play the Von Miller role as an OLB?

I'm no expert but I can see him taking over for Koa missi, and playing end in 3rd and long. Once he adds a little more muscle I could see him be a starter at DE

With Wake and Vernon already on the roster and experiences in the system, Jordan can slide in the rotation easy and doesn't have to be out there every down. Let him play to his strengths at first and be in there on pass downs. Yes, maybe not what you want out the 3rd overall, but his upside is nuts. He will be working out with an NFL club now and will be learning from one of the best. If he doesnt make an impact right away, watch for later in the year as he starts to learn the system, pick up power and savvy-ness from the vets on the team.

This guy had as fast of a 10 yard burst as any wide receiver in this years draft. This guy is going to be a beast, especially with Wake on the other side. The guy guarded WRs and TEs in College. He can play either 4-3 or 3-4. It was a shock to me, but I like the pick and I can't believe it only took a 2nd to move up!

i dont remember many people disliking the Marino pick at the end of the first round
REALLY?? Go watch the 30/30 piece. They were blowing us up like it was the worst move in the world. Taking about how Marino needed someone to coach him and there wasn't anyone in Miami. Said Shula was a running coach and Marino was a horrible fit. It was TOO funny, but everyone HATED the pick on draft day. Funny but true.

look dlockz, they had everyone else as a better QB. a little diff situation but in the end, everyone said the others were better and marino had the cocaine stigma laid on him.

They all changed there opinions after the big year. The Pittsburgh Steelers owner shook his head at his GM and continues to do so to this day. Marino is from Pittsburgh.

When you think about what your friend has told you, he has said nothing that most other Solid evaluators, like Mike Mayock and Todd McShay have been saying, since the pick was made. Jordan has an elite 1st step which sets him apart from all the others in the draft. They both admit that Jordan's potential may not be reached for a few years. They also both talked about how he needs to get stronger and add some bulk. For what Miami needs at this point is someone with Jordan's talent to come in and learn and contribute by executing his assignments on game day. I think the consensus has always been IF you hit on him he is more like Jason Taylor and DeMarcus Ware than Huey Richardson and others who've failed to live up to their potential. The cool part about the Jordan story is when Ross gave his blessing at a dinner with his Coaches and GM, to go get Jordan, when they all spoke so enormously glowing of Dion Jordan and his potential. I don't think your friend is that much smarter than the whole Miami Dolphins coaching staff, they know what they are getting right now, and that is an unfinished product. To be honest the whole scouting world knows the best of Jordan may be seen in 2-3 years. Just like with Tannehill, his best has yet to come. But if Jordan can truly excel in his role this year it's a tremendous WIN for The Miami Dolphins.

Excellent post!

Back
Top Bottom