Easy catches troublesome for Chambers?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Easy catches troublesome for Chambers??

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I watched the game at ESPNZone and on the first drive, Griese threw a nice pass right to Chambers chest and it bounced right off and popped up.. Chambers has trouble catching easy passes.. I've seen this many times last year.. The pass was across the middle and I'm starting to think that he loses his concentration when a pass is perfectly thrown to him.. I may be overanalyzinng for a PRE-SEASON game, but This kid should of been challenge in Training Camp so that he can make these simple catches that many receivers would love having the chance to grab.. Chambers needs to catch EASY passes to be a reliable receiver..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
I watched the game at ESPNZone and on the first drive, Griese threw a nice pass right to Chambers chest and it bounced right off and popped up.. Chambers has trouble catching easy passes.. I've seen this many times last year.. The pass was across the middle and I'm starting to think that he loses his concentration when a pass is perfectly thrown to him.. I may be overanalyzinng for a PRE-SEASON game, but This kid should of been challenge in Training Camp so that he can make these simple catches that many receivers would love having the chance to grab.. Chambers needs to catch EASY passes to be a reliable receiver..

Then they are stupid, Chambers was under cut by the DB and the ball hit him in the facemask because he was under cut. It was no easy catch.

The 2nd dropped ball was Greise's fault, he threw it 3 yards behind Chambers. If Griese hits Chambers in stride or even 2 yards behind him, it's a TD for the Dolphins.

Oliver...

Chambers didn't have to leap for the pass.. It was nicely thrown where the DB's would not get it and it hit Chambers on the chest, I'm pretty sure.. He needs to make those plays... Thats whats expected of him..

Chambers didn't have to leap for the pass.. It was nicely thrown where the DB's would not get it and it hit Chambers on the chest, I'm pretty sure.. He needs to make those plays... Thats whats expected of him..

Well I have the replay right here, yes he did have to leap, the ball was thrown high, to split the double coverage. He was under cut and that's why the ball hit him in the fascemask. No way was that an easy catch. It however should have been caught, no doubt. I also thought it was a GREAT throw by Griese to split the double coverage.

Oliver...

Still there were no easy catches possible for him to make.

I dont have the luxury of a replay... but it was a catchable pass.. He needs to make those catches to make a difference... PLain and simple..

I answered the original poster's question.

That's spam ?

I dont have the luxury of a replay... but it was a catchable pass.. He needs to make those catches to make a difference... PLain and simple..

I agree with that. It's a catch a GREAT WR makes, no doubt.

Oliver...

Well.. We're all expecting Chambers to make his mark on the league THIS year.. Those are passes he MUST catch to have Miami seen as a threat to get defenders off of Ricky's backs.. Hopefully he makes those plays from here on out and not worry about who's going to crack him.. I'm telling you this, Kennoy Kennedy from the Broncos made his mark on Chambers.. Will it be for LIFE though??

I've seen Randy Moss drop "easy" passes, and I have seen Cris Carter drop easy passes, I have seen tons of star WRs drop easy passes. ITS A PRESEASON GAME IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!!!!!

Originally posted by chambers84
I've seen Randy Moss drop "easy" passes, and I have seen Cris Carter drop easy passes, I have seen tons of star WRs drop easy passes. ITS A PRESEASON GAME IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!!!!!

Randy and Carter are allowed to misss an occasional easy pass.. Chambers hasn't made enough plays as Carter or Randy has to be excused from making plays like these.. Chris needs to step his game up.. Time to take it up another level.. Tired of only hearing about Chambers "great" hands in TC need to see them in Game time situations..

Oh wow, I have the replay from this now and this was a poorly thrown ball. Chambers was wide open and it was low and behind him. Not easy at all.

Back
Top Bottom