EDDIE MOORE - Tale of the tape... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EDDIE MOORE - Tale of the tape...

Originally posted by Tatonka
all that work ..

and i could have told you he sucked and was picked too high if you just asked me...

:jk:

Kind of worried, aren't you..I'm glad he didn't have enough 2002 stuff to reallly scare you.:evil:

i only know this: my friend dave is always watching college ball. he is always looking for guys to draft. he jumped for joy when we picked moore. i couldnt believe my eyes. i was like "who?".
I saw one clip on Empire sports network showing Moore dropping back into coverage over the deep middle, he intercepted it like he knew exactly what he was doing and returned it like 20 yards and out of bounds.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Kind of worried, aren't you..I'm glad he didn't have enough 2002 stuff to reallly scare you.:evil:

He's talking about Ryan Denny.:lol:

Excellent job EG. Welcome aboard. Keep the quality posts coming...

Welcome aboard old friend. I too came here from Curt's site. I like having a site that is well moderated. As always EG, good job!

Welcome aboard EG, its great to have you over here.

For anyone at Finheaven who hasn't read EG's posts at Phins.com, he was an extremely well respected poster over there. You will find his posts to be very insightful and well written. EG is a great addition to this board.

On the down side, he looks like Ethel Murman with a crew cut and smells like chicken.......(well thats what I always imagined anyway) :tongue:

PS....You didn't leave any clues to your whereabouts for Dolphinman did you EG :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Surferosa and OPP...it is fun watching this film. I don't have any film on Wade Smith as a tackle but I have some stuff on the rest of the draft picks and rookie free agents that I plan on looking at and writing about.

As for the comment made by finfan54, talking about Moore dropping back into the deep middle on pass coverage, that happened too quite a bit in the tape I saw...I look at this as a very good sign. It shows that the coaching staff believe in his football awareness and, more importantly, his speed and quickness. The player that covers this part of the field not only has to cover TEs but has to be able to do a bit of coverage on WRs. In any case, he is a speedy LB that has good instincts for making plays on the football.

LOL phinphan...you Brits are all the same.

If you must know, my mother was a hampster and my father smelled of elderberry!

PS I wouldn't wish to subject anyone over here to DM, but, thinking about it, perhaps it would be a good distraction for him:D

I remember when Coakley came in the league he was described, fairly accurately, as a Zack Thomas-type LB...small but ultra-instinctive. Moore is a bit bigger (I think) and a bit faster but not as instinctive as Coakley or Zack were coming out of college...but he could develop that in the NFL since he has only been starting for two years.

Moore is a bit faster than Coakley ???
:eek:
I have my doubts about that....Dexter is one of the fastest LB's in the game...Moore is fast but certainly not as fast as Coakley...

I stand corrected Pink Dove...Coakley is faster than Moore, but he is still smaller...Coakley even came out of college as a possible safety in the NFL because of his small stature.

The bottom line is that Moore is a smallish, relatively fast/quick LB that is an instinctive football player, just not quite as instinctive as Coakley or Zack.

Thanks everyone. So it sounds like he's a little bigger, not quite as ultra-fast as Coakley, lacks many years of experience, so his instincts should get better with more playing time. SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER TO ME.

Yes...he could be a winner...but I still have to question whether he was worthy of a second round pick.

Back
Top Bottom