Eddie Moore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eddie Moore

baccarat

Adam the Quarterback
Reaction score
The more I read about Moore, the less I think he was a reach. If you look at the issue Volume 31, Number 21(April/May 2003) of Dolphins Digest, on page 21 they list Eddie Moore as a canidate for the No. 49 pick. I know we all had wish lists of players we wanted to get drafted but I doubt Moore would have lasted to mid round three.

He sounds a lot like Zach Thomas when he was drafted....

2 things about him that are negative...

for other teams but positive in our scheme
Negatives: Does not have ideal size for the position, although he plays similar to Derrick Brooks. Overruns plays in the open field.

Summary: Undersized strong safety/weak-side linebacker tweener who might be able to play linebacker in a Tony Dungy type of defensive scheme where the "Will" 'backer is protected and generally playing against air.
from http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/tracker/player?id=6901

1. undersized - OK as long as you are fast and can tackle since he will be protected by Tim Bo and Chester
  2. Derrick Brooks
    [/list=1]

He sounds like a bigger faster Zach Thomas type linebacker. One thing I noticed and liked about most of the players we drafted, is that most draft guides made mention to there "football intelligence" or intelligence in general. Sometimes these intelligent guys work out better than guys who have great athletic ability. Take Yatil Green and Aubrey Beavers for example these were guys with superior athleticism who weren't very smart and they never made it in the big leagues.

I was just reading a piece over at www.sun-sentinal.com and they have a lot of praise for both him and Jenkins. Wanny went as far as to say that both would be playing special teams. He also said that at pick 49, there wasn't anyone else on the board that could come in and START and contribute as much as Moore could. Are we missing something that only the FO can see? If he really has all those tools, I will be pleased but he still seems like a reach. I think it also spells a close to the end for Greenwood.

the key measure of how good the pick will be for Moore is how much better will (or worse) will he be than LB Victor Hobson for the Jets IMO.

You of all dolphins fans didn't even mention Nick Bouniconti? hall of fame undersized middle linebacker who oblviously had a remarkable career in the nfl and not far from brilliant which his the opposite of what you think of this fellow.

Originally posted by finheavenfan
You of all dolphins fans didn't even mention Nick Bouniconti? hall of fame undersized middle linebacker who oblviously had a remarkable career in the nfl and not far from brilliant which his the opposite of what you think of this fellow.
i don't think he forgot, it was so long ago its not worth mentioning in this thread!:D ;)

Originally posted by Samphin
I was just reading a piece over at www.sun-sentinal.com and they have a lot of praise for both him and Jenkins. Wanny went as far as to say that both would be playing special teams. He also said that at pick 49, there wasn't anyone else on the board that could come in and START and contribute as much as Moore could. Are we missing something that only the FO can see? If he really has all those tools, I will be pleased but he still seems like a reach. I think it also spells a close to the end for Greenwood.

Close end for Greenwood?? Moore and Greenwood will be the Outside Linebackers for Miami for many years.. They are our future at linebacker.. Remember, Seau is 34 and Zach is 30.. This pick is not intended to have Greenwood packing but maybe pushed even harder....

HOORAH:drinker:

Originally posted by RUDEAWAKERZ2354

Close end for Greenwood?? Moore and Greenwood will be the Outside Linebackers for Miami for many years.. They are our future at linebacker.. Remember, Seau is 34 and Zach is 30.. This pick is not intended to have Greenwood packing but maybe pushed even harder....

HOORAH:drinker:
this is true, greenwood didn't look half bad last year!:D

Because we draft a linebacker who is under six feet, he is automatically Zach Thomas?

This guy will be lucky to be running down the field on Kick offs.

It was a huge reach. Every source available, ESPN, Pete PRisco, John Clayton, everyone believes it was a reach and a total screw up of a pick.

They are right.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Because we draft a linebacker who is under six feet, he is automatically Zach Thomas?

It was a huge reach. Every source available, ESPN, Pete PRisco, John Clayton, everyone believes it was a reach and a total screw up of a pick.

They are right.
well if pete the pr*ck has his doubts, thats about the most positive thing i've heard so far!:D

Originally posted by fin-atic

They are right.

Yeah they'd know! :goof:

Oliver...

They said the same thing about Zach - waste of a pick, small, can't avoid blockers, etc.

Back
Top Bottom