eddie moore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

eddie moore

dolfancoolio

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
i don't follow college football all that much and had never seen nor heard of eddie moore prior to his arrival at the dolphins. of course he had an injury throughout last year and nobody got to see him play. i was just wondering if any of you have seen him play at college? is he seau's replacement come next season? also what are your views on morlon greenwood. while he's not a pro bowl type outside linebacker i think he had a fairly good season last year but i am still in a twist as to whether or not we should keep him after the end of his one year contract we signed him to this off-season. your thoughts?

I live in Nashville and am a lifelong SEC football fan, so I got to see alot of Moore.

People in the South go a little nuts when it comes to football. Living in Big Orange country, I am inundateded with so much info on the Tennessee program that it becomes nuseating.

Moore, while he shows good instincts and has decent power and speed for the position, is undersized and is oft-injured. At just 6'0", he lacks the height that is ideal for OLB, but hopefully his ability will make up for it ala Zach Thomas. And there is an HOF that played OLB at 5'10" and was pretty good, Tom Jackson. The thing that is a greater concern for me is the fact that he was injured all the time in college. When he played he excelled, but he was on the bench as much as he was on ther field. Hopefully, he can get over the injury bug and push for the starting job, but I won't hold my breath.

It's true, he was injured alot.In fact, he was injured the majority of his senior year which is what surprised me when the Fin s grabbed him!

At least we know he's tough, if he was injured all the time like you guys think, he only missed one game in the two years he started.

He had a shoulder injury that is documented but, he played his entire senior season with it and only missed the last game....Peach Bowl, I believe.....Other than that there were no injuries of any significance.

Played in every game of his collegiate career and bowl game will be number 50
...missed the Bowl game,(coaches' decision) so he played 49 out of 50 games....that doesn't equal a lot of time sitting on the bench.

Link :cooldude:

daywalker said:
...When he played he excelled, but he was on the bench as much as he was on ther field...
Defensive players are supposed to be on the bench when the offense is on the field. I really wish that you would not leave such a false impression.

My brother in law lives near Knoxville and I called him after the draft because he is a serious Vols fan. The first thing he said is that Eddie Moore is a hitter. He said that "he will knock your bleeding head off" or something to that effect. He excells with cover skills and on special teams. He's a leader on the field that plays through pain. Tennessee is aggressive with the blitz Eddie had his share of QB pressures. Eddie has great speed. Speed is more important to the Dolphins scheme than size. Eddie is not undersized for the Miami Dolphins. He has the ability to play all three LB positions. His initial impact with the Dolphins should be on special teams and as a nickle backer because of his trememdous cover skills.

and wanny could've taken anquan boldin! i hope we get to see eddie moore on the field this year if any of our starters get injured. if he duznt play well then im gonna be waiting at wanny's bedroom door with a chainsaw cause anquan boldin made a huge impact in his rookie year. moore was injured for his. if his impact isn't anywhere near the impact of boldin then we lose from this decision. we need impact at linebacker now b4 thomas and seau leave so that we aren't caught with our pants down wen they do retire.

From the early mini-camp reports it sounds like when the nickle comes in this year Dave is thinking about pulling Greenwood AND Seau and inserting Moore in with Zack for coverage duties. There his speed would work in his favor and his lack of size would matter very little. It would also give Seau more rest for first and second downs.

Can we get over the Anquan Bolding thing please. We now have David Boston. So the point is mute to me..

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
Can we get over the Anquan Bolding thing please. We now have David Boston. So the point is mute to me..
Shula by-passed the undersized LB Derrick Brooks in order to select Billy Milner. The next year, JJ chose D. Gardener instead of all pro LB Ray Lewis. Missing on Bolden was painful...but, if Moore performs the way he is capable of...the selective memory of draft failures will be quieted. The drafting of Moore will always be questioned until he performs.

Back
Top Bottom