Egnew might get cut? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew might get cut?

If he was a Philbin pick, I doubt Joe is the least bit proprietorial or precious about cutting him.

That's assuming things are as Mando is reporting them. They've cut other players pretty mercilessly. I'm surprised Egnew is as bad as he's being made out and he's still in camp, esp with the TE coach we have and an unsentimental HC and OC.

But if it's true more than one of his teammates are calling him a p***y, the writing is on the wall.

I've never seen so much over reaction in my life. Every year NFL network airs a show on greatest busts. There are plenty of "blue chip" players taken in the top 5 that bust as well as every other round.
Everyone knows the draft is a bit of a gamble. Fact is, Egnew, has all the measurables (ht, speed) and the team had a need. They were wrong in their projection of him. End of story. Time to move on.

Hasn't it been said time and time again that Egnew was a Philbin pick? Maybe it's time to listen to the sources and believe what we're told. Makes sense considering how bad Ireland wanted Hilton from the Colts in that Vontae trade. I guess we won't know until Ireland is eventually fired, but either way if that was a Philbin pick I wouldn't let him make another pick in 2013. Terrible pick from whoever ultimately decided he was worthy.

People make bad draft choices it happens with every GM and coach that has ever had a job. Sometimes you just miss, it happens. To say if he picked Egnew he should have no infulence in the future is stupid.

Apparantly Joe felt he badly needed a TE for his offense and on draft day pushed for one with that pick. I suspect everyone panicked when the Colts decided to take two tight ends and they just took the well regarded by most "experts" Egnew wrongly believing it to be a safe pick.

The consesnus at the time (not with Hoops lol) was that egnew was a good pick.

People make bad draft choices it happens with every GM and coach that has ever had a job. Sometimes you just miss, it happens. To say if he picked Egnew he should have no infuelnce in the future is stupid.

Apparantly Joe felt he badly needed a TE for his offense and on draft day pushed for one with that pick. I suspect everyone panicked when the Colts decided to take two tight ends and they just took the well regarded by most "experts" Egnew wrongly believing it to be a safe pick.

I was just making a point. If Ireland can get bashed for him not hitting on all his picks than why isn't anyone holding Philbin accountable for making quite possibly the worst pick in the draft? Not defending Ireland because he's playing with bonus time right now and should have been gone with Sparano.

I have a hard time believing a player is going to refer to a teammate by name and refer to him like that. So a draft pick doesn't make it onto the field his first year. Its not he first time that has occurred. If Egnew doesn't make the cut then of course that is another wasted pick. Disappointing but that class still has the potential to be a nice draft.

I was just making a point. If Ireland can get bashed for him not hitting on all his picks than why isn't anyone holding Philbin accountable for making quite possibly the worst pick in the draft? Not defending Ireland because he's playing with bonus time right now and should have been gone with Sparano.

I really hope you mean our worst pick because Egnew certainly wasnt the worst pick in the draft. It didnt work out this season but on draft day Egnew was a solid third round TE in most peoples eyes.

People make bad draft choices it happens with every GM and coach that has ever had a job. Sometimes you just miss, it happens. To say if he picked Egnew he should have no infulence in the future is stupid.

The problem here is that when you have been mediocre for as long as the Dolphins have been you don't have the luxury of being able to miss on your second and third round picks. The sustained mediocrity means that you have a large number of starters on your team who are not getting the job done and need to be upgraded. So first round picks must be able to contribute immediately as starters in key positions. Second and third round picks must also contribute immediately as starters. Every time you miss you compound and extend the mediocrity.

I really hope you mean our worst pick because Egnew certainly wasnt the worst pick in the draft. It didnt work out this season but on draft day Egnew was a solid third round TE in most peoples eyes.

Obviously our worst pick. No one should care what other teams do or don't do with their picks. This is about the Miami Dolphins and the mistakes they have made. Like the pick or not, on draft day there were far better prospects at other positions of need, WR is just one example, and we failed miserably.

Referendum-1.jpg

That's crazy to think Egnew could be so bad that they're ready to cut the guy after 1 season! Les Brown sounds like he was a better option that's unbelievable.

Damn the dude took it straight to *****. They gotta cut him. That is worse that just being soft.

Wow I would hope our lockerroom was a lot tighter than this. The real p--sy is the guy that blatantly called his team mate out and then decides to leave his name out. If you are going to call a team mate out I would hope he would be enough of a man to at least use his name. Who is this guy anyway a practice squader, for all we know he is another player that didn't see the field this entire year. This is the NFL, however it is becoming too common that players rip teammates and then choose to remain anonymous. NFL players do not contribute their first year all the time, some end up busting out of the league, but to me the real shame is the lack of unity in the lockerroom.

Here is my stance on the Marshall Trade:
2) The lack of a backup plan to replace Marshall's production was irresponsible. Whether it was by free agency, trade or the draft, not having a plan to replace your lead receiver was awful.

The 2011 Dolphins WR core that included BM caught 2 more passes and gained 10 more yards than the 2012 Dolphins WR core without him.

2011 Brandon Marshall and 3 other WR's combined for 169 ctaches for 2319 yards (13.72 ave) with 10 TD's

2012 9 Dolphins WR combined for 167 ctaches for 2309 yards (13.82 ave) with 3 TD's

While the yards are fairly close the TD production was missed. But if RT17 hits a few of those bombes we are talking about some pretty close numbers.

Back
Top Bottom