Ehhh. I don't want Leinart. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ehhh. I don't want Leinart.

Reaction score
So..he's won two championships, he looked good his first game of the year, but with all that talent surrounding him..I think I could be plopped in there to win. I just saw an interview with him on PTI and I just don't like the feeling I got from him.

One of the questions were why he stayed back. I don't remember him saying cause of the possible 3-peat. It was more he wanted to stay a kid for another year before going into the NFL to do "work". They asked wasn't he tempted. He said "Yeah", but in his response money came up first before anything. I don't know..I'm not sold on him just yet.

DolphinDevil28 said:
He won ONE championship.

LSU won it in 2003. :up:

Yep, I would've liked to have seen LSU v USC that year. It would've been a great game. Damn BCS...:shakeno:

Peyton Manning stayed for his last season because he wanted to live the college life one more year and I think he turned out pretty good.

Were are not getting Leinart, he is scrub. Mod Edit: Don't circumvent the profanity filter. Last warning.

I've got a bad feeling about Leinart, I can't put my finger on it, but I just don't like him at all. If I was Nick I'd keep him far away from this franchise.

Matt Leinart is a good player. If we end up with him we will be very lucky. There are other guys like Omar Jacobs and Vince Young who both have alot of upside, and maybe more upside than Leinart, but to me Matt Leinart looks like as close to the sure thing at QB as there is in the draft.

sports24/7 said:
Matt Leinart is a good player. If we end up with him we will be very lucky. There are other guys like Omar Jacobs and Vince Young who both have alot of upside, and maybe more upside than Leinart, but to me Matt Leinart looks like as close to the sure thing at QB as there is in the draft.

yeah. Leinarts definitly the franchise QB type, where as Vince and Omar are guys who, could be amazing, but could also suck in the pros.

I've never been a huge Leinart fan either. Mor of the credit for the NC(s) should go to Bush and the Defense.

Leinart is very tough and very competitive. He does have a lot of talent around him, but he keeps cool and gets it done. Some team will be very fortunate next year.

This college QB talk is very premature. I wouldn't be surprised if by April of next year Leinart won't even have a 1st round draft grade. I get the feeling he's one of those guys that's just a great college quarterback and no more.

sports24/7 said:

I agree. Interesting, that the experts said Tom Brady benefited from the players around him at Michigan. He turned out pretty good. In fact, maybe it was the Michigan players who benefited from Brady. How can you not like Leinart. I could be wrong --- I am about half the time with quarterbacks -- but he definitely looks like the real deal. By the way, I argued for Miami to draft Brady a few years back. Everyone, almost to a man, said he didn't have the skills.

i dont like Lienart becasue he reminds me too much of a Ken Dorsey (Miami), Chris Weinke (Florida State), Jason White (Oaklahoma), guys who played for great teams with all the talent in the world around them. won heismans and went to National Championships. and they have not faired well at all. look at what they are doing now. Dorsey 3rd string on a horrible team the 49ers. Wienke 3rd string on Panthers (might have been cut not sure). Jason WHite Retired before he even played a game (true he had bad knees but he went undrafted and would have ended up the same as Dorsey and Weinke.

Back
Top Bottom