Elandon Roberts: "Leadership is Sacrifice" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elandon Roberts: "Leadership is Sacrifice"

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Club Member
Reaction score
What's it like having McDaniel?

"What I respect the most about coach, when he came in, he was himself. He's not trying to be out of the ordinary. He is just being himself. His offensive mind, I be seeing stuff in practice and I be like hold up. Because I don't like losing. You on math, I'm on algebra. But then I be like oh okay...hang on. He know he be getting me and he just look at me...like he winks with those shades."

"He's just a genuine person being himself, leading the team the way he wants to lead. Whatever he asks me to do as a leader, I'm going to do it. I got you coach."

On Leadership:

"On New England, I used to sit in my locker, and guys used to go up to Donta Hightower and Devin McCourty and just talk to them. It was everybody. And that is how I had it in college. But these are grown men really looking up to them, not 18 years old. And that is what I wanted. So when I left and came here, Hightower told me, it's your time. Embrace it. Don't change who you are. The challenge I feel...of why people run from leadership, is you have to hold yourself to a certain standard. But once I became a father and had kids, I'm like, if they know their father is at a certain standard, and they are looking up to me, they will always want that standard high. So why should I be afraid of it? So I embrace it. If we mess up, I'm going to make sure we get it right today. Not tomorrow."

part of the quote was missing.

You know the old saying "he's doing math, im doing algerbra" kind of like saying I'm more advanced, he's doing something I've been known how to do. Said McD would line something up, and ER was like "I've seen this, i know whats coming, I know whats coming out of this formation" then once the ball is snapped its something totally different and ER was like "he got me, I thought i knew, I didnt know"

So just complimenting him for saying something that looked basic was actually a "oh **** that aint basic" play. Almost like the play where Cam Newton **** talked the D "Oh you've been studying the playbook, watch this" then threw the TD pass.

part of the quote was missing.

You know the old saying "he's doing math, im doing algerbra" kind of like saying I'm more advanced, he's doing something I've been known how to do. Said McD would line something up, and ER was like "I've seen this, i know whats coming, I know whats coming out of this formation" then once the ball is snapped its something totally different and ER was like "he got me, I thought i knew, I didnt know"

So just complimenting him for saying something that looked basic was actually a "oh **** that aint basic" play. Almost like the play where Cam Newton **** talked the D "Oh you've been studying the playbook, watch this" then threw the TD pass.
Math is when you use numbers using unknowns to be solved for, like "x" and "a".

RayR - just being right - LOL

You know we are in the NFL doldrums when we post on stuff like this - LOL

He will stick his face in the fan.
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Back
Top Bottom