Eli Apple: Worth A Low Risk Shot?

Ikema

Joe Smoe
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Good Teams like the Pats do this all the time.
Send a 7th rounder to a team that might otherwise cut the player.
The player excels in their system then signs a big contract with the next team.
The Pats get a comp pick.
They have mastered this over and over.

I truly wish the Dolphins would do more of this especially in regards to Olineman.
One thing you cannot deny about the New England Patriots is they are normally prepared, well coached, and understand and execute fundamentals very very well.
That's about consisted and reliable coaching, being prepared for each individual team, and addressing those teams strengths and weaknesses.
That above anything else is what dolphin organization ought to be centering around.
With that mastered you will find players consistently operating above their perceived levels of skill. That's the secret in my opinion.

hoops

exited stage left
Reaction score
He’s a better mirror cover corner than anyone in the building not named x

Be the best athlete in tbe db room too

Last edited:

FINMAN1

Active Roster
Reaction score
One thing you cannot deny about the New England Patriots is they are normally prepared, well coached, and understand and execute fundamentals very very well.
That's about consisted and reliable coaching, being prepared for each individual team, and addressing those teams strengths and weaknesses.
That above anything else is what dolphin organization ought to be centering around.
With that mastered you will find players consistently operating above their perceived levels of skill. That's the secret in my opinion.
I think that's a good evaluation, especially the preparation.
Belichick learned that from his dad, who wrote books on the subject.

ANMoore

Second String
Reaction score
Sign me up for cheap

Have you looked at the CB room lately?

j0hnny63

bon jon bovi
Reaction score
Kid can't even cook his own meals. Also, still a Saint for another year. The option refers to 2020.

meatpardle

Scout Team
Reaction score
Not if they don't pick up the option. That's the whole point of this thread.
The fifth year option decision is made at the end of year three, so he's still under contract for year four (this year). Unless they cut him this Summer he'll be a free agent next March. I'm not entirely sure whether the suggestion by the OP is that we make a move on him next year (which seems a bit premature) or whether we take this as a sign that they don't want him and try and offer a trade for peanuts.

Gonzo

Who dat?
Administrator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
We're not getting him this year unless we trade for him. So nope.

Top Bottom