Eli Manning as a Phin: A Possibility? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eli Manning as a Phin: A Possibility?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Get the 1st round tender for Ogunleye, trade that pick and our 1st rounder to move up and snag Manning..

::drools::

griese is in his 2nd game after having 2 weeks of real reps and is playing VERY good. he just needs to get in rhthym in 2 halves and not 1.

Manning is a good QB, but i'll take B.J. Symons, or Drew Henson over him and not get a QB the first round.

why do you all want to dump O-gun? the guy has 7 sacks and it's like it's not even important.

either see what Tolver can do or get a WR in the draft.

I've watched a few Ole Miss games, and it seems to me that most of Manning's yards come on dink and dunk passing with a lot of YAC.

Well.. I would love to resign Ogun... but if there is a 1st round tender someone may go for it..

Originally posted by i2panzer
why do you all want to dump O-gun? the guy has 7 sacks and it's like it's not even important.

We've spent 35 million on a starting defense with only 375,000 going to Ogun..

You want to spend more?

Sorry...There are 42 roster spots left to fill with the other half of the cap.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Get the 1st round tender for Ogunleye, trade that pick and our 1st rounder to move up and snag Manning..

Hmm...sounds like a thought. A "Manning" at QB?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A rookie QB is not an option. Our skill players are aging and a rookie would not be able to win a Sb for at least 2-3 years, and thats only if he is marino #2. Of course marino also lost. We need to keep Griese and either sign or trade wally. If we trade it should be b/c we need to spend more $$ on the offense and cant afford both. With 2 early picks...one must be an O lineman perhaps both. A WR if available may also be wise. Either way trading wally and a 1st rounder to climb high enough to get a rookie QB would be a rebuilding move. If gonna do that might as well trade all our names and start anew (obviously not at that point yet). If feel we need a different QB (i dont) couch is an option. Although it takes time to learn a new system at least he knows the NFL and its speed, unlike a rookie.

Originally posted by i2panzer

either see what Tolver can do or get a WR in the draft.

Why? Because I think we've learned that no matter how much you throw more money at the D, we still need an offense. I would love to have Adewale back too, but you can't have a great def and off....just not possible with the cap.

Well.. I would love to resign Ogun... but if there is a 1st round tender someone may go for it..

Depends on who that someone is!! SD, Jax.............hmmmmmmm
;)

Originally posted by ZOD

We've spent 35 million on a starting defense with only 375,000 going to Ogun..

You want to spend more?

Sorry...There are 42 roster spots left to fill with the other half of the cap.

Next yr it may be close to 48 if ogun, TBuck, etc resigns for reasonable $$ even.

Forget it...unless you want to be the 2002 Texans, why would you spend all that effort on a QB who is just going to get splattered? Rebuild the O-line and our existing QB's will be just fine.

my mistake not 7 but 9! the guy is on pace for a JT style season. hoprfully JT will get more 1-1 now that O-gun is making things happen.

i would love to see a trade worked out with Drew Henson. i think this guy could be amazing. he has a solid arm, and legs! he is a as complete as they come. he is an athlete and i don't believe his skills have regressed because he's been playing baseball.

T-buc will resign for as little as it gets. he said he wants to finish his career in miami, and i don't think he wants to leave. he'll take league min.

miami can spend as much as they want on defense. the defense will be the ones carrying this team anyway. we need 1 good WR, and 2 lineman.

Nails should be OK if he loses his weight this off-season (achilles injury has boosted his weight 25 pounds to 360 from 335).

Mckinney seems promising, Smith although undersized can put weight on in the off-season and get better. he's a rookie people...

yeah in our system (if we have the same coaches next year) Griese is fine. His attitude seems much better and is having fun. We need, we must, we need to sell out our o-line make wholesale changes and get a physical athletic line. The o-line has been a thorn all year. Not turning this into a qb debate, to me it is settled, Griese is teh man, but neither qb was getting any time and Rickey is getting buried. The skill players are not a problem, we have a good qb, a great rb, a stud TE, a blossoming receiver and a capable #2, IN MCKNIGHT. Yes Jay was playing poorly, but the o-line hurt him as well as he didnt have time to wait for a receiver to break open in the intermediate range which is his strength. Wade Smith will be good, remember he was 1 on 1 the majority of the time with an all-pro DE, alot to put on a rookie with only 1 yr at the LT position, he adds strentgh and experience, he will be good. McKinney starts next year then add three new o-linemen replacing ruddy, perry and Nails competes with one newcomer for starting position.

Any way back to my point, we more than likely win one more game at least with a better o-line play.

While I have faith in Griese,i STILL think we should pick up a QB for grooming. Sage looks ok, but is he backup material? But as far as trading up for manning? Nearly impossible, if not impossible. Though i woud LOVE to have him play for us, a Phillip Rivers seems more like anoption....we could deff. get him, and he has A LOT of potential. I would like to pick him up, and sit him as a grooming QB.

Back
Top Bottom