eli manning says he's in the same class as tom brady and a top 5 QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

eli manning says he's in the same class as tom brady and a top 5 QB

dreday

future of the funk
Reaction score
link

The New York Giants quarterback didn't shy away when, as a Tuesday guest on "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN New York 1050, he was asked if he is in the same class as three-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady.

"I consider myself in that class," said Manning, the MVP of Super Bowl XLII. "Tom Brady is a great quarterback, he's a great player and what you've seen with him is he's gotten better every year. He started off winning championships and I think he's a better quarterback now than what he was, in all honesty, when he was winning those championships.

"I think now he's grown up and gotten better every year and that's what I'm trying to do. I kind of hope these next seven years of my quarterback days are my best."

While Manning is regarded as a very good quarterback by many -- he has led the Giants to the playoffs in four of his seven seasons as the full-time starter -- there is often hesitation to place him among the elite in the game. Manning was fifth in the league in passing yards (4,002) and fourth in touchdown passes (31) last season, but his 25 interceptions is the number that jumps out the most

The only reason he was drafted so high is because of his last name.

here's the math on Eli...

40% of the time he looks like the best QB in the game.

40% of the time he looks average.

20% of the time he looks like the worst QB in the game.

alot more like Arche than Peyton.

he showed heart, poise, and accuracy in that Super Bowl win. but so did...

Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, Terry Bradshaw, Jim McMahon, etc, etc.

^^^^^ none of which were in the top 5 of their era....

Back
Top Bottom