Eli Manning to retire Friday. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eli Manning to retire Friday.

Namor

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Title says it all....Thanks Eli,for kicking the **** out of the Pats in two Super Bowls...piss on you for beating Bama,when you were at Old miss.

That last name will probably get him in the Hall.

Not the two super bowls? Or super Bowl MVP? Or the amazing playoff runs? If Phil Simms is in the HOF then Eli is a no brainer. Eli has more passing TDs than Elway and more passing yards than Elway. He is top 10 in all time in passing yards and passing TDs. Eli has been under appreciated his whole career but he absolutely belongs in Canton because of HIS own accomplishments. It's a no brainer. Its not a matter if but a matter of when he will get inducted into the HOF.

Eli was part of the greatest super bowl upset and one of the greatest super bowl plays off all time.

Seriously, what more could you want in a NFL career? I'm sure Marino would trade his season MVP awards for a super bowl MVP in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
I dunno didn’t he have a pretty good statistical career? He seemed mediocre to most of us I believe but his longevity and 2 superbowls probably get him in
Not the two super bowls? Or super Bowl MVP? Or the amazing playoff runs? If Phil Simms is in the HOF then Eli is a no brainer. Eli has more passing TDs than Elway and more passing yards than Elway. He is top 10 in all time in passing yards and passing TDs. Eli has been under appreciated his whole career but he absolutely belongs in Canton because of HIS own accomplishments. It's a no brainer. Its not a matter if but a matter of when he will get inducted into the HOF.

Eli was part of the greatest super bowl upset and one of the greatest super bowl plays off all time.

Seriously, what more could you want in a NFL career? I'm sure Marino would trade his season MVP awards for a super bowl MVP in a heartbeat.
I agree he deserves some consideration for his two playoff runs/Super Bowls. I just think the Hall has become a popularity contest the last decade, his name will get him in a lot sooner.

Super Bowl 42: the helmet catch

Super Bowl 46: the sideline catch

That Mario manningham throw was one of the most underrated clutch plays in superbowl history and I have a hard time finding a better throw in super Bowl history, absolute dime and great catch.

It's even sweeter with the Bill Belichick NFL films talking to his DBs saying "Cruz and Nicks are the guys; make them go to manningham"

And Eli says..... Okay, will do. And throws a dime.

It's more difficult to make the argument why Eli shouldn't be in the hall of fame. I mean what else does one need to prove to make the hall of fame? Give him the mustard yellow coat already. And he's been nothing but a class act throughout his career.

Last edited:
Glad he beat the Pats in the Sbs. Never liked him for how he thumbed his nose at the Chargers and acted like a brat. Extra didn't like EMO-Eli with the mopiness and the head hanging. Looked like a pretty crappy leader to me. LOVE Peyton. Best non Dolphin EVER.

I’m on record for a long time now saying he will be 1st ballot. I still believe that. His playoff runs those 2 years were insane. 10-6 beating Dallas and Green Bay and then the. 18-0 (19-0 in Nicaragua) Pats. Then doing it again in 2011. SuperBowl MVP. Someone posted Phil Simms is in the HOF. Growing up in NJ and seeing every throw he ever made I can’t even believe that. Off topic but my goodness he stunk. Back to topic - Eli belongs in the HOF. Easily.

Glad he beat the Pats in the Sbs. Never liked him for how he thumbed his nose at the Chargers and acted like a brat. Extra didn't like EMO-Eli with the mopiness and the head hanging. Looked like a pretty crappy leader to me. LOVE Peyton. Best non Dolphin EVER.
I didn’t see him that way. He seemed a little dorky but someone who never complained, nor did he whine when he was getting beat to hell. That SF championship game was brutal. I think after one play he got up and his helmet was turned sideways on his head - he was looking out of his ear hole. Baby Brady would have thrown a hissy. Eli just loped back to the huddle and called the next play. He’s like Eyore in Winnie the Pooh. I think the guys repeated his toughness and the fact he didn’t fluster.

Back
Top Bottom