Eli Manning vs his older brother... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eli Manning vs his older brother...

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Is Eli Manning better than his older brother? I am not
convinced. I watched him yesterday. And he was
consistantly late and off target with his throws. Many
of them were wounded ducks when he was pressured.

Also I noticed he has a left leg brace. So he won't be
very mobile. Would I draft him? Yes but is he a true can't
miss number one pick of the draft? NO!

Who is better then? Any ideas?

"Would I draft him? Yes but is he a true can't
miss number one pick of the draft? NO!"

When is there ever a true can't miss number one pick? That's the trouble with the draft, it's a crapshoot no matter where or who you are picking. Remember the big debate over P. Manning and Ryan Leaf when they were drafted? Both figured to be successful franchise QBs, but now Leaf is a bust and P. Manning has yet to win in the playoffs. And I have strong doubts he wins his 1st playoff game this season.

Originally posted by Stamos
He's better then Carson Palmer....but who isn't.:lol:
How many NFL games have you watched Carson in? Right now I'd take Carson!!

Originally posted by relive1972

P. Manning has yet to win in the playoffs. And I have strong doubts he wins his 1st playoff game this season.

The Colts have yet to win in the playoffs. I'm sure you heard who is the MVP this year...

Dan Marino never won the Superbowl so blah blah blah.. That statement is every bit as ridiculous as the Peyton Manning one.

CPU,

I've mentioned this recently at DT. Peyton came out of Tenn a "can't miss" prospect, or as close as you can hope for, because he had already developed a professional studious work ethic. Eli has not yet developed that aspect. However, he does, imho, have the potential to be *better* than Peyton because he has the ability to make things happen on the fly, moreso than Peyton. More along the lines of a potential Favre. But, in the wrong situation, he could go south and never develop either.

Originally posted by CpuFan
Is Eli Manning better than his older brother? I am not
convinced. I watched him yesterday. And he was
consistantly late and off target with his throws. Many
of them were wounded ducks when he was pressured.

Also I noticed he has a left leg brace. So he won't be
very mobile. Would I draft him? Yes but is he a true can't
miss number one pick of the draft? NO!

Who is better then? Any ideas?

I'm not quite sure which game you were watching and who the QB was, but the game I was watching with Manning and Ole' Miss v. OSU impressed me quit a bit. I didn't watch the first half at all and, perhaps, that's ALL you watched so maybe we have different perspectives but the Manning that I saw threw exceptionally crisp passes that looked like they were attached to a wire! I also saw the guy "thread the needle" by hitting some covered receivers in perfect position and saw him hit more than a few receivers in absolute perfect stride.

Again, maybe you only watched the first half and saw a somewhat rusty Manning playing his first game in several weeks but anyone who watched the second half of that game absolutely had to come away convinced that this guy is going to have an incredible future for some lucky NFL franchise (please God, don't let that franchise be the Ray-turds!)

Originally posted by Stamos
He's better then Carson Palmer....but who isn't.:lol:

I was wondering when it was you saw Palmer take a snap, drop back into the pocket, and throw a pass in an NFL regular season game? You haven't you say? So how do you have any friggin' clue as to the kind of NFL player Palmer will be.

After having watched him for years as USC I can assure you that this is a guy who not only has the talent but the drive to become one of the best QB's in the NFL. He has all of the tools, and intangibles, necessary to become great as he's a big guy, with a strong yet very accurate arm, he moves relatively well, he's not ****y, he's smart, he's tough, he's an awesome learner, and does not let external pressures get to him on the field.

With Palmer, Rudi Johnson, and Chad Johnson set to remain Bengals for years to come, we may be talking about a new set of NFL "triplettes" very soon.

Matt Lienhart... to bad he wasn't a Jr.

Eli isn't that good. i don't understand why he's considered a #1 pick overall. i don't see it. i see him throwing TD to wide open people and then everyeon saying "did you see that?!" yeah... i saw a pass that i could have thrown because he was WIDE OPEN. you should hit that pass.

if i had the #1 overall pick, do i take Eli? NO, i take Fitzgerald, and get Lienhart, Walter, Greene, Rix, etc... next season. next seasons crop are better then this years.

Greene doesn't have the arm to be a top pick.

Originally posted by Jaj
Greene doesn't have the arm to be a top pick.

what? he's got a solid arm. he needs to work on some things, but all jr. do. he'll be awesome next season. he's a 1st rounder in waiting.

No he doesn't. Not for a high 1st rounder.

No I am not joking. Go watch Leftwich's games last season. Go watch Palmer's. Go watch Eli's. Go watch Roethlisberger's. Whatever you call his arm that does not get you into the top 10.

Originally posted by Jaj
No I am not joking. Go watch Leftwich's games last season. Go watch Palmer's. Go watch Eli's. Go watch Roethlisberger's. Whatever you call his arm that does not get you into the top 10.

:roflmao:
I know you're not serious! You absolutely have to be joking...PLEEEEEEEEEAASE tell me you're joking....please.

I am arguing about his arm strength. It is just about River's strength and that is not a top arm. I am not arguing if he will be a good QB.

Greene reminds me a bit of Chad Pennington. He will succeed in the NFL there is no doubt in my mind, but like Pennington he won't be a top 10 pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom