Eli Manning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eli Manning

BSQX4

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is there anything in the world we can do to land Eli Manning. This kids going to be as good or better than his brother Peyton, anybody catch the Denver game? WOW!!!! No way Irsey lets Peyton leave Indy so what must be packaged to get a shot at Eli. Just imagine Eli and Rickey together. Can you say,"play action?" Eli is the next Marino, Elway, Favre type coming into the pros. Getting him changes everything. I say move mountains, do what has to be done.GET IT DONE!!

What if we package O-Gun, Madison and cash? I'd do that in a heartbeat.

probably not an option, but if we got a high enough pick from Ogun being signed away (say the texans 10th) then we would have the fire power to move up, and it wouldnt be surprising to see the bolts trade down... what im not sure is what made you decide that eli was going to be the next big thing? seems like you think peyton being awesome means that eli will.

im a fan (drafted eli in madden myself), and think the potential is there, havent decided on if i'd be willing to give up our draft to get him since we do have multiple needs (i'm currently leaning toward signing brunell, drafting a young qb later, and upgrading the oline/wr with our extra picks)....

just curious as to where the eli love came from for you?

The big IF that has to happen is Ogun signing with someone that gives us a good package to stimulate interest in getting 2 mid first round picks for the top 5 pick in the draft.

First of all, SD will not pass up Manning after already passing on a Manning and a Vick....

Second of all.....way too much risk...and would cost way too much of our present potential.

Eli Manning would not put us in the SB next year....and without any of those draft picks we would have give up, drafting Manning would set us back overall. By the time he's ready to take over there's no telling what kind of team we would have by then.

Would love to have him but, not at the price we would have to pay.

Eli would not get us to the SB?? oh come on, with receivers nad a good offensive line and ricky its possible..

Originally posted by dolfans1988
Eli would not get us to the SB?? oh come on, with receivers nad a good offensive line and ricky its possible..

Not next year. Though, wtih another manning in the draft, I'm willing to do about anything for him too. Think of the next 12 years with an "almost" Marino..

Originally posted by dolfans1988

Okay....and with out those draft picks where exactly would these receivers and o-linemen come from???

17-0, good question and all I can say is that Eli has followed his brother every step of the way career wise. After the Denver game I'm now convinced that Peyton is the best Quarterback in the N.F.L. and I see his brother stepping in and rather quickly becoming a top tier Pro Quarterback. So far he has matched or exceeded all of Peytons accomplishments at the college level statwise so I simply project him to be a huge star in the N.F.L.

Originally posted by Graythreat

Not next year. Though, wtih another manning in the draft, I'm willing to do about anything for him too. Think of the next 12 years with an "almost" Marino..

Think of 17 years with a Marino.

That's what I'm saying 1988! It can happen. The Q.B. elevates the whole offense. Rickey becomes unstoppable, the quick release and ability to execute presnap reads makes the O-Line better and also Eli is 6'5" and that kind of height creates passing lanes etc. We MUST step up to compete. The Defense is in place but who knows for how long? We're not getting to the playoffs with what we have now. No more Derrius Thompson kind of bandaids, they don't get the job done. C'mon Wayne, Ron Wolf whoever lets get some excitement back on this side of the Football. How bad do we want it? We're going to find out very soon.

he can execute presnap reads at a college level...but throw him into the frying pan with no NFL experience and it could be trouble. NFL defenses are 10 times better than any college D. It can be done, but the odds are very slim my friend

No way ANY Rookie QB can come in and play well enough to get any team to the superbowl.

I can name 6 to 7 defenses that would destroy such an Offense. The dolphins' D would be one of them. Jesus he wouldn't even be able to get the ball into the endzone even if his Defense gave him 1st and goal...

Back
Top Bottom