Eli or Bust in the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eli or Bust in the draft

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
The only QB I want to see the Fins get in the draft is ELI

He can come in next year and win immediately. The others will struggle.

ELI won't fold under pressure. His pedigree is strong and his brother will give him enough good advice to get him through the first year. Ricky and a good D will also help.

I would give up 2 1st rounders this year. Assuming Wale is taken. A first rounder next year. And a conditional pick the following.

We will get a superstar QB that will stay here for 10-12 years. Can't ask for more.

Yeah Right!
Can I borrow your crystal ball, I need to pick some Lottery numbers.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
The only QB I want to see the Fins get in the draft is ELI

He can come in next year and win immediately. The others will struggle.

ELI won't fold under pressure. His pedigree is strong and his brother will give him enough good advice to get him through the first year. Ricky and a good D will also help.

I would give up 2 1st rounders this year. Assuming Wale is taken. A first rounder next year. And a conditional pick the following.

We will get a superstar QB that will stay here for 10-12 years. Can't ask for more.

dude.......in all honesty, no one KNOWS that. And that is WAY too many picks to give up. I'm down with giving up 2 firsts this year, and MAYBE a 2nd next year. But not 3 first round picks, much less that conditional. And yes we COULD ask for more. Remember Marino? We needed more with him, we couldn't even win the SB with him. His fault? No, but how could we expect any other QB to come in and even DREAM that he's that good. And on top of that, trade away 3 first round picks, and expect him to stay here without a supporting cast.

i also don't think he can walk in next year and win. Do I think he's the best QB int he draft? yep. Do I think Roth or Rivers could be good as well? Yep. Do I want Eli more? Yep. Would I take Eli if it meant he was our starting QB next year instead of having Roth with a year on the bench? nope.

It's rare that a rookie walks onto a team and makes an immediate impact, much less at the QB position. it won't happen. Getting Eli is a long shot.....a very desirable one, but a long shot still. And we'd need to sign Brunell cheap for next year. No if's and's or but's about it.

Eli will get hammered with our current offensive line.

what i really want is PEYTON but it aint going to happen,Get big ben hire MArino as a QB coach ,then when big BEN takes over then promote Danny to O-Cordinator:clap: :banana:

Originally posted by Noland
Did anybody know that Phillip Rivers can bench press 400 pounds that is stong for a QB. That is what he said on www.philliprivers.com if his legs are that stong and arm that would be good. He only going to get stronger to.

I also noticed his favorite QB when he was growing up was Dan Marino. :)

You guys really need to get your priority straight, OL first, then a QB, even Dan came out of retirement with this OL, we won't go very far. So who's the OLman we should be looking for in the draft..???

He knows what he is talking about the way he plays reminds me of Marino do you think that was influence of watching Marino. He also said he use to act like he was Joe Montana in his back yard.

Did anybody know that Phillip Rivers can bench press 400 pounds that is stong for a QB. That is what he said on www.philliprivers.com if his legs are that stong and arm that would be good. He only going to get stronger to.
Wow that's one strong mofo. Of course, it goes without saying that physical attributes don't always translate to success in the NFL. Very impressive strength though.

He knows what he is talking about the way he plays reminds me of Marino do you think that was influence of watching Marino. He also said he use to act like he was Joe Montana in his back yard.

He should have spent more time looking at his dad, that was an exciting QB, but OL, OL, OL...even PManning with this OL won't work.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

He should have spent more time looking at his dad, that was an exciting QB, but OL, OL, OL...even PManning with this OL won't work.

let me see..ah yes. let's use a high draft pick this year on the OL. And it works! Success! woohoo!

Next season rolls around, we STILL have no QB to throw to our receivers, and the defense stacks the box effectively shutting down Ricky.

yeah buddy, OL first :D

We NEED to fix our O-line. But we haven't drafted a QB above the SIXTH round since marino! That's rediculous! We would be better off drafting a QB NOW and hope to patch the OL in the meantime. THEN next year when our rookie QB is possibly ready to go, we draft OL high, have had 2 years to add FA's to our OL, AND our young O-line is better (they will get better, we have future stars there) we'll actually have a team.

We NEED the Qb now. At best he'll be ready to go in a year. We draft OL this year, and we won't have a QB ready to go (at best) for two years. 2 years with an OL but no QB...hmm...sounds like a plan.

Originally posted by Graythreat

let me see..ah yes. let's use a high draft pick this year on the OL. And it works! Success! woohoo!

Next season rolls around, we STILL have no QB to throw to our receivers, and the defense stacks the box effectively shutting down Ricky.

yeah buddy, OL first :D

We NEED to fix our O-line. But we haven't drafted a QB above the SIXTH round since marino! That's rediculous! We would be better off drafting a QB NOW and hope to patch the OL in the meantime. THEN next year when our rookie QB is possibly ready to go, we draft OL high, have had 2 years to add FA's to our OL, AND our young O-line is better (they will get better, we have future stars there) we'll actually have a team.

We NEED the Qb now. At best he'll be ready to go in a year. We draft OL this year, and we won't have a QB ready to go (at best) for two years. 2 years with an OL but no QB...hmm...sounds like a plan.

Yea ST. Louis draft one and look at their OL, so did Balt. , There's reason team spend first round picks on the OL..need to go back and look at your history...notice who Houston picked first in their supplemental draft, before the draft..remember Jacksonville pick him in the first round also..you'll never have a great QB, without a great OL...again, go back and see where the best lines came from..Just MHO.

Back
Top Bottom