Eli or Bust in the draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eli or Bust in the draft

Originally posted by DolphinzD

I also noticed his favorite QB when he was growing up was Dan Marino. :)

I love him.
How about these comparisons.
Eli= Elway
Ben= Kosar
Philip=MARINO:eek:

Seems to me that Wale's pretty much gone, which is a pi$$er, but we should be well compensated for the loss, which could easily mean two 1st rounders.

Its not hard to imagine taking an OL 1st (wouldnt Gallery be awesome?) then a QB (Rivers probably) in the first round. Which again leaves us a tad short on WR. I think there'll be some good WR talent coming out second/third round though.

2005, go WR, O-Line, D.

Just my 2 centavos.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

I love him.
Eli= Elway
Ben= Kosar

Even without the comparisons...I've had a little bit of an opportunity to watch him play, and he's got fire (something our team really lacks). Throw that together with intelligence and quickness, I think he'd be a great fit for us.

The negatives I keep hearing about him are:

Weak Arm and Low Release

Anybody had a chance to see how these were negatives to the point of preventing great play? True, the NFL's much faster and tougher than NCAA, but from what I saw, they didn't hamper anything.

I would think it would be more along the lines of:

Eli = Peyton
Ben = Favre
Rivers = Kosar

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Yea ST. Louis draft one and look at their OL, so did Balt. , There's reason team spend first round picks on the OL..need to go back and look at your history...notice who Houston picked first in their supplemental draft, before the draft..remember Jacksonville pick him in the first round also..you'll never have a great QB, without a great OL...again, go back and see where the best lines came from..Just MHO.

Look at the time frame. You can draft an OL high, and it's likely that he'll walk onto the team and start. However, you can't expect that of a QB. We'll need 2 years to groom our QB, drafting an OL this year would make it 3 years. We need to start on our QB now and fill the OL in later.

Also look at the future of our Oline. We have young talented linemen that will make a great line eventually. But we don't have that in the QB depth. Sage being the best bet, but he's far from a sure thing.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

I love him.
Eli= Elway
Ben= Kosar

I agree Rivers would be awesome pick-up!!

Back
Top Bottom