Ellis, Haynesworth, Wilfork | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ellis, Haynesworth, Wilfork

I joined 2 years ago and started posting regularly because I'm pumped for the season to start and talking rival fans is a lot funner than going back and forth with the same fanbase.

and Haynesworth was playing well in camp; he's missed the last 2 practices due to an apparent minor injury, but so far no one's questioned his effort.

Lets be real, our defense kills yours. Unfortunately for us you got Brady and we don't. I still expect a dog fight on MNF though. I hope we break a Brady buncha limbs. Yeah wishing injury on a player mean spirited, blah blah, but if it's the only way for Miami to win the division I'll sleep ok at night.

we haven't even played a meaningful down yet. You don't play the game on paper. You win nothing in practice.

We'll be ready for them.

Mayo was projected as a 4-3 OLB coming out of college due to his size and speed combination. He played the position his junior year at Tennessee, so it's not like he'll be inexperienced. He's not going to be a full-time pass rusher like Wake, but being able to roam freely on the weakside would allow him to do a lot more.

BB built the most successful team of the past decade through the draft and FA; his ability to build teams shouldn't be questioned. He had a bad run of drafts from 06-08 but the team was stacked at the time and went to an AFC Championship game and a SB in back to back years. The 09 and 2010 drafts have been good to the team and hopefully the 2011 class wil be as well.

and I don't see how trading away a late pick in a draft 2 years from now to get a potential impact player was a joke. it's not like they traded Mankins for him.

It has nothing to do with what you guys gave up. Its who you got. The guy is a P.O.S. , and he will always be one. I dont care if he works his *** off and is the best D-linemen in the league. What he did to Washington was a scumbag move.

And what team did BB build that was the "Most successful"? Last time I checked he came onto a team that had most of the players when he won his rings.

Losing Ellis kind of stinks because he is a great Jet. However, with Kendrick and Wilkerson now, there's no way Ellis would have started. These guys are big and athletic and both are as strong as bulls. I would love to have kept Ellis for a veteran presence to keep these guys, but he didn't want the vet minimum and went to the Pats for a little more money. It stinks, but there it is. We lost a leader there, but gained talent. Also, Ripoti will be a pleasant suprise. We had high hopes for him last year, but he tore his achiles in the Hard Knox episode. 6'8 and 325 or whatever, great technique and can get to the passer. Our pass rush will improve dramatically with these guys.

Why are these boston fans here.. gtfo and go join your ggaayytriots forums and talk shiitt there -__-

It has nothing to do with what you guys gave up. Its who you got. The guy is a P.O.S. , and he will always be one. I dont care if he works his *** off and is the best D-linemen in the league. What he did to Washington was a scumbag move.

And what team did BB build that was the "Most successful"? Last time I checked he came onto a team that had most of the players when he won his rings.

When BB took over the team, the only players on the defense that were considered legit were Law and Milloy. McGinest was considered a disappointment and Bruschi was a part time player with no true position.

BB developed Bruschi, got McGinest to play to his potential, drafted players like Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Jarvis Green and Asante Samuel, brought in players like Vrabel (developed him as well), Ted Washington, Bobby Hamilton, Rosevelt Colvin and Rodney Harrison. That's just on the defensive side of the ball too. He made the decision to cut veteran players like Chris Slade and Lawyer Milloy as well. The entire culture of the Patriots came from him; during the Pete Carrol era "most of those players" were considered under-achievers.

Pats corners are better with Merriweather, Chung, McCourty, Bodden, Butler - advantage Pats
LBs - Mayo, Spikes, Ninkovich, Guyton
Front - Ellis, Wilfork, Haynesworth

Pats are still better, it's no wonder they whooped you arse last year. It's gonna happen this year too.

Pats corners are better with Merriweather, Chung, McCourty, Bodden, Butler - advantage Pats

Pats are still better, it's no wonder they whooped you arse last year. It's gonna happen this year too.

Cunningham is starting over Guyton. Guyton will play primarily in the sub-packages.

New England cannot touch our front 7. The have a great middle of the line but no depth or edge rushers. I'd take Miami D anyday of the week.

Butler sucks.. ninkovich really?? gayton? your safety's might be better for now..your front doesn't scare me at all... linebackers mayo is your best while we have dansby and burnett.. and we have better pass rushers than you -_- like i said our defense still better and has more depth so gtfo

I would take our whole secondary over that except for Chung and possibly McCourty (we'll see what he does with a couple more seasons). LBs as well. Mayo is awesome, but the combination of Dansby, Burnett, and Wake blows the rest out of the water. DL is a lot more even, but we have way better depth.

Rofl. Way to go you can name your defense, that doesn't make them "better" by any stretch of the imagination.

Look I can do it too

Corners: Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Will Allen, Nolan Carroll adv Dolphins
LBs: Cameron Wake, Kevin Burnett, Karlos Dansby, Koa Misi, Jason Taylor adv Dolphins
Front Kendal Langford, Paul Soliai, Randy Starks, Jared Odrick adv None.

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom