End Zone Celebrations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

End Zone Celebrations

Dreads-4-Prez

Practice Squad
Reaction score
T.O.'s Sharpie, Joe Horn's cell phone call, Chad Johnson's letter to the NFL and Duckett's celebration while geting killed by Indy. These are just a few end zone celebrations that stick out in my mind.

Although I believe that most of these are unecessary and pretty annoying, would you guys like to see some of this from the Dolphins? It seems like Miami doesn't have anyone arrogant enough to pull any of these off, which is a good thing. But don't you think that Miami could use a little more arrogance? I just think that the way the team is centered around the defense and not a very explosive passing game, Miami can be somewhat of a boring team to watch.

Don't get me wrong, I have always loved the Phins and I can appreciate how polite our players are. I just wouldn't mind seeing a little more arrogance, swagger, and just plain confidence from our guys. Especially this time of year!!!

Did you notice that all of the celebrations you posted came from players on teams that WILL NOT make the playoffs?

Duckett's was disgraceful.

McMichael seems like the guy on the team who would do something like this, in a huge game. Remember the cheerleader dance?

Sappy's pogo stick dance, he reminded me of my kid when he had to use the restroom

Originally posted by Section126
Did you notice that all of the celebrations you posted came from players on teams that WILL NOT make the playoffs?

I hope you DO know that if the playoffs started today, Johnson and his Bengals would have the 4th seed.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

I hope you DO know that if the playoffs started today, Johnson and his Bengals would have the 4th seed.

Yes, and technically T.O.'s Sharpie incident happened when he was on a team going to the play-offs, since it was last year, and the Niners won their division. I guess I don't have a problem with the endzone celebrations; they kind of amuse me. I wouldn't mind seeing a Dolphin get hit with a 15-yard penalty in that situation, because that would mean he had actually scored a touchdown.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

I don't think they make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a player try a celebration of sorts already....

McMichael with the Pom Poms at the SD game last year after we were cruising to a W. It was great but he got an @** chewing from Wanny after the game.

What Duckett did yesterday was just stupid. I thought Horn's celebration was funny. I don't mind it when player's celebrate as long as they have reason to celebrate (scoring a touchdown when getting blown out is not a good reason to celebrate).

I could really care less what they do after they score. To each his own. My personal preference would be a heartfelt spike of the football and walk away.

One thing I will say about Joe Horn's little celebration. I didn't see it.

Maybe if it was a football game that meant something, I might have watched it.

I wonder if that crossed Joe's mind before the game? I wonder if he thought, "Even if I score four TD's, nobody is going to be talking about the Giants and the Saints, or more importantly, me....So maybe I better come up with something like TO's sharpie thing to at least get myself some pub".

What did Duckett do? I also missed the Chad Johnson celebration. Stupid girlfriend thinks that just because the Phins aren't playing we can watch movies instead ... one day and I've missed so much!

Originally posted by mee
What did Duckett do? I also missed the Chad Johnson celebration. Stupid girlfriend thinks that just because the Phins aren't playing we can watch movies instead ... one day and I've missed so much!

Atlanta was down 31-0, Duckett scores and does this really stupid, drawn-out dance. It was ridiculous for being behind by so much.

I missed it too

Originally posted by mee

What did Duckett do?

I seem to remember watching someone doing a really hard spike of the football into the ground yesterday after a td, for which he was penalized. Don't remember who it was.

Joe Horn's p*ssed me off. Great throw and catch. And then he pulls that crap and pretty much makes us forget how great a throw and catch it was. Stuff like that makes me wish that some safety would drill him across the middle.....and then stand over him and do a big drawn-out dance or skit. Because that's the defensive equivalent. It's classless and unnecessary.

And after the game, his words were to the effect of "I knew my family and kids were watching. And I told them that I'd do that for them if I scored. I knew it'd cost me $10 or $15,000. But it was worth it". "It" was busch league and selfish IMHO.

I'm kinda in agreement with what Theismann and Co said last night. Fine them $100,000 and let the NFLPA/appeals boards sort it out. Because $15K obviously isn't getting their attention. It's chump change.

The crap is going too far. It's one thing to be arrogant or confident. But it's another to taunt your opponent and act like an idiot. Horn's BS got his team a 15-yard penalty. The Giants started their next drive at midfield. And you can bet a fine is coming from the league.

So in short, I don't want to see it. Play the damn game, cash your check, and leave the dancing for the clubs.

Back
Top Bottom