End Zone Celebrations | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

End Zone Celebrations

Originally posted by Muck
Joe Horn's p*ssed me off. Great throw and catch. And then he pulls that crap and pretty much makes us forget how great a throw and catch it was. Stuff like that makes me wish that some safety would drill him across the middle.....and then stand over him and do a big drawn-out dance or skit. Because that's the defensive equivalent. It's classless and unnecessary.

And after the game, his words were to the effect of "I knew my family and kids were watching. And I told them that I'd do that for them if I scored. I knew it'd cost me $10 or $15,000. But it was worth it". "It" was busch league and selfish IMHO.

I'm kinda in agreement with what Theismann and Co said last night. Fine them $100,000 and let the NFLPA/appeals boards sort it out. Because $15K obviously isn't getting their attention. It's chump change.

The crap is going too far. It's one thing to be arrogant or confident. But it's another to taunt your opponent and act like an idiot. Horn's BS got his team a 15-yard penalty. The Giants started their next drive at midfield. And you can bet a fine is coming from the league.

So in short, I don't want to see it. Play the damn game, cash your check, and leave the dancing for the clubs.
you are 100% correct muck i feel the same way if anything spike the ball walk off the field let the scoreboard do the dance.

what about mini-celebrations: Marion's little dance, Seau's classic celebration, Jason Taylor's "punching through," OGUN even has a gun thing after a sack, don't forget McMike's thing he does w/ the jersey......all I think are fine, probably gets the team pumped up further. If it doesn't lead to a taunting call, Marion's variation against the Giants, then it's fine by me.

They're not as bad, but I could do without them. They just seem silly to me. I much prefer to see a guy get fired up and punch the air, pump his fist, etc. But the other stuff is kinda for pansies and showoffs.

I guess I was just raised differently than the NFL players were.

That said, there are only 3 guys that can get away with celebrating in my book.

1) Merton Hanks - my brother can do that one to perfection. My all-time fave.
2) Tim Bowens. His sack dances were just hilarious. No way you could view that and be insulted. :lol:
3) Billy White Shoes - another goofball. Just hilarious.

Notice all those guy's made azzes of themselves when they danced. :tongue:

I don't think you were raised different, Muck.

Bottom line, these premeditated celebrations are a way to rub salt in the wound of the opposition, and that is unsportsman like conduct. Period. And we all were taught better.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I don't think you were raised different, Muck.

Bottom line, these premeditated celebrations are a way to rub salt in the wound of the opposition, and that is unsportsman like conduct. Period. And we all were taught better.

Exactly. Could you imagine pulling that sh*t in high school?? My coach would bench your azz for that crap. Then he'd run you to death. Hell in FLA, extra celebration is prohibited, period. Spike the ball and you risk getting 15.

Now somebody tell me that this football great state has it wrong and these spoiled prima donnas have it right.

Back
Top Bottom