enough OLmen stories! another QB thread!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

enough OLmen stories! another QB thread!!!!

burghPhinFan

there are some that call me...Tim
Reaction score
from everyone's 'favorite' rumor mill, profootballtalk.com:

"RAMS WILLING TO PART WITH BULGER?

A league source tells us that the cap-strapped St. Louis Rams would be willing to part with quarterback Marc Bulger, for the right price.

Bulger, a restricted free agent, accounts for more than $1.8 million in 2004 cap room, given the high-end tender that guarantees the Rams a right to match any other offers -- and a first-round and third-round draft pick if they choose not to.

A front-loaded offer would almost certainly prompt the Rams not to match, since they are less than $5 million under the cap -- and since they are grappling with the long-term demands of franchised offensive tackle Orlando Pace and the grossly inflated cap number of quarterback Kurt Warner.

But the 1-and-3 compensation requirement probably is keeping teams away from Bulger. Still, we're told that the Rams would listen to other offers for the former draft pick of the Saints, whom the Rams signed off of the street in 2001.

Our guess is that the Rams might consider taking a third-rounder in 2004 and a second-rounder in 2005 (which possibly would increase to a first-rounder based on Bulger's 2004 performance). This would allow the Rams to parlay a Bulger trade into an acquisition of Drew Henson, for whom the Texans want a second-rounder next year.

Then again, who knows what the Rams are thinking? We're not sure that even they do."

okay Rick, the Hammer SAID you were going to puruse a 'big name' FA QB, go get him!
:D

Bulger = Griese......

the only reason the rams went that far into the playoffs last year is b/c of all the other talent on that team.

Bulger hears footsteps and can't get around in the pocket.

what about tim couch?? browns are willing to part ways i believe. i think that would be a great fit for couch and the dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom