Enough. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Enough.

We don't need to blow the team up. Outside the O-line, it's more of a coaching issue. This team is too talented to be this bad. I've seen coaches do more with less. You would just be putting us in another 5 year rebuild for no reason.

What the hell is rebuilding going to guarantee? Last time we "rebuilt" in 2007 we had one good season followed by 7 straight lousy 7-9/8-8 seasons. We've got talent...they just seem to crap the bed at the worst times it seems. I think some of that falls on Gase and company. As good as he's been, it's also clear he's still learning to be a head coach in the pros. Our QB situation is a mess too. Cutler/Moore? What's the difference right now it seems. I'm not saying Tannehill wins us this game or anything but he sure as hell doesn't get us TWO shutouts on the season! And obviously something's gotta be done about the OLine....needless to say.

What does it say when you have a backup QB whose been in the system, and it needs to be dumbed down? If it was a Ryan Mallet coming in and starting for Miami, people might have a case. But Matt Moore is a freaking FIXTURE at this point in Miami.

As for the Oline, meh. I've preached it since Grove and Smiley couldn't stay healthy.

We don't need to blow the team up. Outside the O-line, it's more of a coaching issue. This team is too talented to be this bad. I've seen coaches do more with less. You would just be putting us in another 5 year rebuild for no reason.

What is the identity of this Franchise? Team? If you can answer that with conviction and be believable, I'm all ears.

Start with Tannehill, coming off a major injury, we are spinning the wheels in the mud.

What is the identity of this Franchise? Team? If you can answer that with conviction and be believable, I'm all ears.

Start with Tannehill, coming off a major injury, we are spinning the wheels in the mud.

The identity of this team is to be a running team and use PA to take shots. That is what Gase wants to do. When the running game is working, Miami moves the ball and scores points. They look like a competent team. When they don't do that, they look like complete **** and everything falls apart. The problem is this coaching philosophy contradicts what they do in the offseason since they completely ignore the O-line every year. You'd think the face of the franchise (at least to the media) in Ajayi would get complimented with a better line. But this team just thinks they get away with being weak in the trenches every year. How many years are they going to completely ignore the guard position? How many years are they going to give Pouncey a pass?

The identity of this team is to be a running team and use PA to take shots. That is what Gase wants to do. When the running game is working, Miami moves the ball and scores points. They look like a competent team. When they don't do that, they look like complete **** and everything falls apart. The problem is this coaching philosophy contradicts what they do in the offseason since they completely ignore the O-line every year. You'd think the face of the franchise (at least to the media) in Ajayi would get complimented with a better line. But this team just thinks they get away with being weak in the trenches every year. How many years are they going to completely ignore the guard position? How many years are they going to give Pouncey a pass?

Is that identity consistent? I don't think so. Which is why I disagree this team, has a foundation, identity.

As for the Oline, your speaking to someone who has advocated inside out building. Cody Whitehair anyone?

Time is a flat circle. Pretty sure this thread comes up every miserable year. There's 4 or 5 players worth holding on to with this team. Dump the rest. Unfortunately no one involved with this team is remotely capable of building a successful team.

Is that identity consistent? I don't think so. Which is why I disagree this team, has a foundation, identity.

As for the Oline, your speaking to someone who has advocated inside out building. Cody Whitehair anyone?

I think it is. Gase clearly wants to be a running team. He thinks the running game will set up the passing game. Hence why he keeps running the ball even when defenses stack the box

I don't think the issue is the identity. I think the issue is that this identity is not working this year and Gase doesn't have any answers. He thinks running into a 10 man front is going to eventually work. It won't. I don't care if they have five Pro Bowlers on line, they aren't running up the middle on a 10 man front unless that front is soft. This isn't the year to run up the middle so do something else. Try a roll out for example. The did a PA rollout against the Jets with Cutler and they got a big play. They never did it again (I think). Spread defenses out more, don't put the routes so close to each other, and stop aiming for 10-15 yards on every pass. Just get 2-3 yards at least and set up more manageable 3rd downs.

The issue is the O-line is trash and the play calling is predictable. Gase can't do what he wants with this line so he needs to adjust. But he really hasn't. Every game is the same. He's not adjusting. The QBs aren't great, but you'd think they try something new. But they just keep trying to force a running game that's not there and the passing plays they are calling are not fooling anyone.

Although it's not totally on Gase's play calling either because the players aren't executing. They called a great screen pass against an all out blitz and Damien Williams falls down. There's some players on this team that need to go.

I think it is. Gase clearly wants to be a running team. He thinks the running game will set up the passing game. Hence why he keeps running the ball even when defenses stack the box

I don't think the issue is the identity. I think the issue is that this identity is not working this year and Gase doesn't have any answers. He thinks running into a 10 man front is going to eventually work. It won't. I don't care if they have five Pro Bowlers on line, they aren't running up the middle on a 10 man front unless that front is soft. This isn't the year to run up the middle so do something else. Try a roll out for example. The did a PA rollout against the Jets with Cutler and they got a big play. They never did it again (I think). Spread defenses out more, don't put the routes so close to each other, and stop aiming for 10-15 yards on every pass. Just get 2-3 yards at least and set up more manageable 3rd downs.

The issue is the O-line is trash and the play calling is predictable. Gase can't do what he wants with this line so he needs to adjust. But he really hasn't. Every game is the same. He's not adjusting. The QBs aren't great, but you'd think they try something new. But they just keep trying to force a running game that's not there and the passing plays they are calling are not fooling anyone.

I guess we just disagree. I understand your POV, but this isn't the first time this team has looked this bad under Gase.

Matt Moore has had more time in this offense, than Tannehill and Cutler. And the offense had to be dumbed down. Oline or not, that's not good.

I guess we just disagree. I understand your POV, but this isn't the first time this team has looked this bad under Gase.

Matt Moore has had more time in this offense, than Tannehill and Cutler. And the offense had to be dumbed down. Oline or not, that's not good.

If you had it your way, what would you do?

If you had it your way, what would you do?

Too late to move assets. We are in no man's land now. But as stated earlier, I tear it all down. FO to the CS to the Players.

Too late to move assets. We are in no man's land now. But as stated earlier, I tear it all down. FO to the CS to the Players.

I agree there's nothing they can do to save the season. I get what you are saying. I'd be lying if I said I'd miss this team, the coaches, and the GMs, but there are good things about this team that would be doing better with better coaching. I don't think everything on the team needs to be blown up. The defense is by no means great, but they've been good enough. I'd expect an NFL offense to score more than 20 points or at least get a first down. They do that and they win more games this year. If my defense holds somebody to 20 points or less I'd expect to win that game.

I'm fine with the WRs (iffy on Parker). I'm fine with Ajayi. Everything else on offense needs a complete overhaul though even the coaches. We need a real OC. Gase needs to give up his play calling duty.

This team needs to be completely rebuilt from the bottom up.

It lacks talent at every spot. The OL is complete rubbish, even the easiest of draw plays and they get beat instantly. I mean can an OL be any worse?

Just blow it up..From. Top. To. Bottom.

Tell me again why Miami shouldn't give the backup OGs a shot. I forget.

Back
Top Bottom