Eric Ebron Declares for the Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Ebron Declares for the Draft

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...rth-carolina-te-eric-ebron-to-enter-nfl-draft

I think the obvious spot the Dolphins must solve is the offensive line. With only the Center position being locked in, the team could use help at all other positions. Jon Martin is done...and I do not want him back. Richie Incognito has no chance of returning. John Jerry is not very good. Bryant McKinnie has done well, but is long in the tooth. Dallas Thomas was a lousy pick. Nate Garner is solid, but would help the team best as a back up/fill in.

Re-making the line is the offseason objective. It might be very possible to find a LT or RT in the 1st round and a good one at that. However, Eric Ebron is a stud and a difference maker. He is athletic. He has large catch radius and his skill set would match the balls Ryan Tannehill throws best. He will be a nightmare matchup in the Red Zone. He is even a little "bubble butted" and would be fine with his blocking.

Charles Clay has had an excellent year. However, he is not a true TE. I like Dion Sims and hope he can develop, but Eric Ebron is going to be a stud weapon in the NFL.

I'm thinking La'el Collins LT/G in the first round. We need a player like that on the Oline.
I don't think any of the tight ends are worth the pick. Hopefully Keller gets back.

Ebron,Amaro,Sefarin-Jenkins, or a straightened out Lyerla would be awesome for the team.

Ebron is a rare talent...it sucks having spend so much this off-season on the o-line...I would love to see Ebron in a Phins uni....

Big fan of Ebron. Have watched him a lot here in Chapel Hill and I'm definitely sold on him.

Ebron is a rare talent...it sucks having spend so much this off-season on the o-line...I would love to see Ebron in a Phins uni....

Are you willing to sign a RT in FA and go with McKinnie at LT next year to draft a kid like Ebron? Not sure on my end, but it is a thought.

Are you willing to sign a RT in FA and go with McKinnie at LT next year to draft a kid like Ebron? Not sure on my end, but it is a thought.

I'm more then willing to address the o-line via Free agency and look to pick up Martin or Yankey in the second for one of the guards and pick up Ebron in the first...the kid has Jimmy Graham/Gronk type ability...

I'm more then willing to address the o-line via Free agency and look to pick up Martin or Yankey in the second for one of the guards and pick up Ebron in the first...the kid has Jimmy Graham/Gronk type ability...

He is an impact guy. Plus, with Clay they could run more 2 TE sets. That helps the pass pro and run game IMO. The formation variation and window dressing that you can do with 2 TE sets is off the charts.

I'd take two UNC players in this draft...Ebron in the 1st and James Hurst the LT in the 2nd.

Seantreal Henderson in the second round or possibly James Hurst

We got much bigger needs than tight end...

Meh...we've been chasing needs since Ireland stepped into the GM role. It's time to load up on talent when it's there. Really the two tackles spots are all we need to draft, it's been proven by most teams that run a ZBS that guards and even centers can be had via free agency. Look at how well Brenner is playing. Houston's interior is made up of Wade Smith (a failed OT project we drafted in the Wannstedt years moved to LG), Chris Myers an undrafted player from Miami and Brandon Brooks a 3rd round pick from Milwaukee Riverside University. Washington's interior is made up of LG Kory Lichtensteiger a 4th round pick (Denver), C Will Montgomery a 7th round pick (Panthers) and RG Chris Chester who was a 2nd round pick (Ravens). So basically we have two of the best run blocking lines in football who have one drafted player among them. Of course all of this depends on who the new GM is and how they want to approach the draft but I'm saying load up on playmakers and guys you can use to give you an advantage in some way shape or form. Ebron is one of those guys.

Meh...we've been chasing needs since Ireland stepped into the GM role. It's time to load up on talent when it's there. Really the two tackles spots are all we need to draft, it's been proven by most teams that run a ZBS that guards and even centers can be had via free agency. Look at how well Brenner is playing. Houston's interior is made up of Wade Smith (a failed OT project we drafted in the Wannstedt years moved to LG), Chris Myers an undrafted player from Miami and Brandon Brooks a 3rd round pick from Milwaukee Riverside University. Washington's interior is made up of LG Kory Lichtensteiger a 4th round pick (Denver), C Will Montgomery a 7th round pick (Panthers) and RG Chris Chester who was a 2nd round pick (Ravens). So basically we have two of the best run blocking lines in football who have one drafted player among them. Of course all of this depends on who the new GM is and how they want to approach the draft but I'm saying load up on playmakers and guys you can use to give you an advantage in some way shape or form. Ebron is one of those guys.

Ebrons a nice player but he's not a physical monster...he looks like a wr running routes with how smooth he is...I would be interested in adding a tight end but not with our top pick unless the board dictates it...you got Keller you can bring back cheap clay who you can easily keep as a rfa sims and egnew...

Ideal scenario sure you get a real win option tight end but I would look to plug other holes first...

Ebron is a great player and a definite first rounder, but I think our #1 priority has to be an o-lineman or two, and then probably a DT, before we look at TE's. I really like Iowa Tight End C.J. Fiedorowicz, who I think could be the next Gronk. Check out his YouTube highlights if you haven't seen him play. I think we could take a LT like Kouandijo of Alabama or Lewan of Michigan with our first pick. Ideally, I would love to trade back for a later first rounder and early second rounder, but my confidence in Ireland doing smart things on draft day is fading.

Back
Top Bottom