Eric Wilson ...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Wilson ......

dolfan22

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Seeing as there has been a dearth of information today re any visits , yet alone signings I thought I would post this information on Eric Wilson.

Miami signed Erik WIlson ( Michigan 2000 ) ( Detroit camp 2001 )from the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL.

While the signing should not be construed on par with NFL free agency , it is none the less an intriguing one.

He was very highly regarded by CFL coaches and followers , as he plays extremely hard , is a leader and is nasty.

One of the unique things about Eric is that while he was a defensive lineman in his career at Michigan , playing DE , DT , and NT he played on both sides of the ball in the CFL.

When his CFL team was hit with injuries along the Oline he more than filled in. NFL scouts were divided on where they felt he had a better chance to play in the NFL , and I am not sure where Miami intends to have him line up.

While a long shot , it will be interesting to see how he does . CFL journalists seem to feel he has a 50/50 chance to at least stick on the practise roster at the least.

I am sure he has recieved little or no press in Miami , but there have been several CFL players who have contributed for Miami as well as other NFL teams.

So just a diversion on a day while I await some ( any ) news on the signing front.

He is 6-4 and now probably 300 lbs. He was listed at 285 when he initially came To Winnipeg.

As I said he is intriquing and different NFL personel people thought he had more of an NFL upside on either side of the ball. He is a very high energy player .

Thanks dolfan22!! You never know! Hey if you don't mind what's the 22 for? Mine is for 3 of my favorite players Morris, Nathan and Wooden!! Just wondering!

Good stuff.... It is for Eugene aka known as Mercury Morris , I liked him a lot as youngster plus 22 was Jim Palmer's number ,which I wore when I could in mybaseball career ,and I named my son Palmer...

By the way Wilson played right guard.....

hey Mikefan22, not to be mean, but ive got to ask, do you not have a period key, as in a ..... key on your keyboard, or do you just like yelling at everyone?

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom