Ernie simms or Jimmy Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ernie simms or Jimmy Williams

runronnyrun

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What do you guy's think if Ernie is there when we pick I say we take him. He was good for the noles, he will be great in the N.F.L.(I'm a rookie so be gentle.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well. If we had a stronger secondary I would much rather have Sims, but our secondary isn't so strong, so I would say Williams.

IMO, I doubt we will take Simms if there. He isn't the type of LB that Saban needs in his defense. To tell you the truth, I don't even know if we will take Jimmy Williams. He is raising the red flags because of his attitude and I don't think Saban would want a rookie to come in and screw up the lockerroom. To me I think that Santonio Holmes, Jason Allen, Manny Lawson or Chad Greenway is the pick.

Really ? I was thinking we could be OK in the secondary. But if Zack or Crowder go down we are doomed.

Bobby Carpenter will do just fine. I guess my title should have been DB, or LB. I see the Dolpfins being thin at LB. not DB.

If we take Carpenter, then i see us trading down. He's being listed as a late 1, early 2. I think 16 is too high for him.

Jason Allen has supposedly failed 2 physicals thus far. I think he is too much of an injury risk to take in round 1.

I like Ernie Sims, but i don't know how good of a pro he'll be. He is physically gifted, but in college he was in a system that let him do whatever. In the NFL, he can't be that way. Sims was out of position a LOT at FSU. He overpursued and was out of position in pass coverage. So, i don't know how well he'll do in the NFL where you have to be a "system" player and be responsible for your area. That being said, when he saw the ball, he was a missile to it and hits like a truck. Reminds me or Arrington in college, but not as dominant or big.

PSU Cane said:
If we take Carpenter, then i see us trading down. He's being listed as a late 1, early 2. I think 16 is too high for him.

Forget about where he's being listed. If he's the best player on Nick's board when the team picks, I think that's all Nick cares about. He's not going to take a player who doesn't fit like Simms just because Mel Kiper or somebody else says he's better than Carpenter is.

I say this because I'm a big BPA guy who is trying his hardest to think like Nick is thinking.

This would be good, trade down in the 1st for mangold pick up a second and take Watkins of FSU. Just gotta find a trade partner.......

runronnyrun said:
Really ? I was thinking we could be OK in the secondary. But if Zack or Crowder go down we are doomed.

We would be even more doomed if someone in the secondary went down...

Jimmy Williams, I think Saban can find a playmaker in the later rounds...ala Channing Crowder.

Back
Top Bottom