Ernie Sims top 15? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ernie Sims top 15?

UCFinfan86

Oronde Gadsden's Official #1 Fan
Reaction score
From ESPN insider

Outside linebacker: Chad Greenway (Iowa) vs. Ernie Sims (Florida State)
Greenway's biggest strengths: Size, production, fluidity and coverage skills for his size, natural instincts and motor.
Greenway's biggest weaknesses: Ideal top-end speed, ability to take on blockers, explosive power and pursuit-angle consistency.

Sims' biggest strengths: Toughness, aggressiveness, explosiveness, power, quickness, speed, athleticism and motor.
Sims' biggest weaknesses: Discipline, technique, recognition skills, height and isolated off-the-field incident.

Recommendation: Sims
Ohio State's A.J. Hawk is the clear-cut best outside linebacker prospect in this year's draft class. After Hawk, however, the debate has seemingly been boiled down to Greenway and Sims for the second player taken at the position.
When it comes to postseason workouts, there's a fine line between getting caught up in all the numbers and ignoring the warning signs. As far as I'm concerned, this year's postseason workouts have been eye-opening in regard to the NFL potential of both Greenway and Sims.
Greenway was the more decorated collegiate player and he's more polished in terms of his recognition skills and overall technique at this point. However, Greenway's lack of ideal speed and strength have become quite concerning over the course of the last two months. Adding to those concerns are the inconsistencies I see on film from Greenway in regard to his ability to take on blockers and pursuit angles as a tackler.
Sims is far from a polished prospect. In fact, he plays out of control at times and has room for improvement when it comes to his recognition skills. Sims also lacks ideal size. However, he bulked up to 234 pounds at his recent pro day, when he ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.4-second area. Sims is also the tougher and more explosive linebacker, despite Greenway's 3-inch and 10-pound size advantage. When it's all said and done, Greenway might be ready to contribute on defense sooner, but Sims should develop into the more versatile playmaker and should make a bigger impact over the long haul. That's why I think Sims is worth drafting somewhere between picks No. 11 and 15; Greenway is not worth a top-20 selection.

if sims is our pick at 16 if he lasts there...i would be fairly happy.

yes no one really brings up sims here, but if he slides to us, i think we take him over anyone. i wouldn't complain.

Sims over Greenway. An FSU LB usually they are okay in the league

I know we have to count the combine as an essential part while drafting, but just based on watching the two play, i would go with chad greenway. They guy is relentless and an unreal lb. I know he might not have all the pro tools, but just based on what he did last year, i like him over sims. i still really want lavar

Back
Top Bottom