ernie sims | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ernie sims

frady2001

Rookie
Reaction score
i was wondering what people think about this guy? i had a few classes w/ him and he seemed to be a pretty stand up guy and he is a great linebacker, and young too. he is extremely fast, though he is the size of a safety so that might be an issue in NFL. what round is he predicted to go in? how are our needs at linebacker or possibly safety (i think he would be a better safety in NFL).

he is going to be a linebacker in the nfl imo. i think he would be a great pickup for us. he is kind of short but he has a 41in vertical leap like boomer has been saying which makes up for the lack of height alittle bit. very fast and athletic

frady2001 said:
i was wondering what people think about this guy? i had a few classes w/ him and he seemed to be a pretty stand up guy and he is a great linebacker, and young too. he is extremely fast, though he is the size of a safety so that might be an issue in NFL. what round is he predicted to go in? how are our needs at linebacker or possibly safety (i think he would be a better safety in NFL).

If we dont pick up Arrington, I see him as a serious contender to the the #1 pick, along with Greenway.

He's too small to play the OLB position we have open.

We've got plenty of smaller ILBs, the position he would end up playing.

We're not drafting Ernie Sims. Bookmark it.

Disgustipate said:
He's too small to play the OLB position we have open.

We've got plenty of smaller ILBs, the position he would end up playing.

We're not drafting Ernie Sims. Bookmark it.

I'd prefer Greenway, but I wouldn't rule him out shag

I have liked Sims for awhile, if we don't get Arrington, then I would be happy with either him or Greenway.

frady2001 said:
Sims is somewhat of a Derrick Brooks clone. They are about the same height and build. Put both in space where they can best utilize their speed and they excel.

i honestly dont see him as a linebacker. he plays the position well in colege but he is very skinny. i mean the guy plays big, but he is not that big. idunno, im no expert or anywhere close, but w/ his speed and vision i would love to see him as a blitzing olb or preferably a safety.

and is he really that high to not be around at 16? wow, i was thinking he would be in second round somewhere.

i like him because he wouldnt cause us any trouble off the field (there was a bogus domestic charge that his g/f spoke out against saying it was false) and he has been a great leader on the field at fsu.

frady2001 said:
i honestly dont see him as a linebacker. he plays the position well in colege but he is very skinny. i mean the guy plays big, but he is not that big. idunno, im no expert or anywhere close, but w/ his speed and vision i would love to see him as a blitzing olb or preferably a safety.

and is he really that high to not be around at 16? wow, i was thinking he would be in second round somewhere.

i like him because he wouldnt cause us any trouble off the field (there was a bogus domestic charge that his g/f spoke out against saying it was false) and he has been a great leader on the field at fsu.
When a 230 pound LB is called skinny you know something is wrong. :lol:

He's talented, but very raw. He has a lot to learn yet. He overruns a lot of plays b/c he is overly aggressive and very fast. He doesn't get off blocks well enough yet either. Sims is the type of LB that needs to play in the right system. He is an attack first LB. He won't work well in a system early on in his career where he has to sit back and read/react. That will only come with more experience. I thought he would have been best suited to go back for another year and come out as the #1 LB next year.

PSU Cane said:
He's talented, but very raw. He has a lot to learn yet. He overruns a lot of plays b/c he is overly aggressive and very fast. He doesn't get off blocks well enough yet either. Sims is the type of LB that needs to play in the right system. He is an attack first LB. He won't work well in a system early on in his career where he has to sit back and read/react. That will only come with more experience. I thought he would have been best suited to go back for another year and come out as the #1 LB next year.
Umm...Sims is a senior. He doesn't have any college eligibility left.
His speed and aggression are his two biggest assets and will only enchance his ability to make plays at the next level. Sure teams will try to exploit that but they do that off all rookies. As far as getting off blocks, that is only true if the one blocking him is an OL.

Depends on if we land LaVar. If we don't, Id rather Lawson or Carpenter. Simms is good, just a little small

I prefer Chad Greenway but before pick Sims i select Demeco Ryans, is a great player with a lot of intangibles, he will get a great impact immediately. Ryans, in my opinion, is underrated for his speed...

Back
Top Bottom