ESPN announced Dallas WON"T cut Allen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN announced Dallas WON"T cut Allen

Phishstix

Finheaven's Fattest Pimp
Reaction score
they will however listen to trade offers. they might want something ridiculous for him though, guess we will see

I thought I heard them say that they want at least a 2nd round pick. Which of course, we don't have. I really don't see any way of getting around using our first pick for the OL.

They say that NOW.

What choice do they have.

If they spend the next 2 months fielding offers for Larry Allen, Allen ain't showing up anyway.

I'd be willing to trade our 4th for him just because we're desperate for a RG... though we could probably get him for less.

There is no way anyone pays a 2nd rounder for him...He has been the premier guy at his position, but let's face it...who would invest a 2nd rounder for a guy that may only give them one or two more years at the MOST, even if he isn't already spent (which I am of the opinion of)..

They're just trying to get value for him. He'll be cut unless someone like the Rams and Mike Martz is willing to part with a pick.

I don't think he is spent I just don't think he wants to play anymore. He cant retire or he has to give up like $8 million of his signing bonus from 2002 is what I hear.

I mean, yeah Bill Parcells dogged him a little last training camp, but what reason does he really have to be holding out and stuff. Red flags all over the place. The best OL in the league ain't worth jack if he's decided he doesn't want to play anymore. He's got a pile of money, yet people are talking about paying him the veteran's minimum? He'd laugh in our face.

Allen, Parcells at odds, but veteran may stay

Allen, Parcells at odds, but veteran may stay

From Dallasnews.com...

While Allen and Parcells remain at an impasse, the sources said Allen will not be released, though the Cowboys will entertain trade offers.

But Allen will not be traded unless the Cowboys receive at least a second- or third-round draft choice, the sources said.

Probably ESPN's Source... No way anyone pays that kind of compensation for him...

Link below

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...cowboys/stories/041204dnspocowlede.1b134.html

:jetssuck: :jetssuck:

Allen at this point of his career is worth a 5th rounder...no more, no less, but our 5th next year is contingent on Boston isn't it? Wasn't it a conditional 6th for SD,,,if etc, etc, then they get a 5th. So I'm not sure what we have to trade with, our 1, 3, and 4 should be untouchable....for next year since we've given our 2nd and 6th, maybe 5th away.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Allen at this point of his career is worth a 5th rounder...no more, no less, but our 5th next year is contingent on Boston isn't it? Wasn't it a conditional 6th for SD,,,if etc, etc, then they get a 5th. So I'm not sure what we have to trade with, our 1, 3, and 4 should be untouchable....for next year since we've given our 2nd and 6th, maybe 5th away.

Its a sixth if he makes the opening day roster or then its nothing. Can't go any higher.

You people are really tough. A 7 time pro bowler not worth a sixth but we are damned firm about wanting no less than a first and more for Ogun. My guess is, he stays where he is.

I hope we offer them a 6th rounder for him and see what happens.

see what the market is like for him, and if a 5th is the lowest bid out offer it and see what happens. I think a 4th rounder is worth it too.

Remember a team that wants to win now doesn't depend on the draft, only a team that wants to rebuild.

Back
Top Bottom