ESPN announced Dallas WON"T cut Allen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN announced Dallas WON"T cut Allen

I think we should wait till after the draft and see how we come out of it before we go spending yet another pick.

Ozzy rules!!

PFW has labelled Shawn Andrews the next Larry Allen, so why would we want the 30+ year old Allen when we can get someone much younger.

imo larry allen is through being a great player, he's got, fame, fortune, and plenty of superbowl rings. i think he will struggle to be an average olineman this year, just wants to keep that signing bonus. if the cowpatties will take a 7th and allen will play for vet minimum then ok. anything higher than that we should just say NO THANK YOU.

We better check this out very carefully. I don't want to pay anything for a SHELL of Larry Brown.

I would rather start a rookie young Guard from the draft than trade away a pick.Dolfanreal69

there is no guarantee that andrews will fall to #20 .. everyone just assumes he will ... i beg to ask what if he doesn't FALL!!! .. i just read in an online article from "GREAT BLUE NORTH REPORT" that dallas is just trying to trade allen and posturing in hopes of doing so ... but with an 8M price tag i doubt a trade can be worked out ... so despite ESPN'S report that allen will NOT be released .. it is really looking as if they will do it after june 1st ... thats when miami should pounce on this guy .. he would give veteran leadership and add to the power run game .. a perfect fit IMO!!!

I watched a lot of Dallas football last year because of my wife(Texas gal), and I wouldn't give up anything higher than a 5th or 6th for Allen. I saw nothing from him that looked any better than what we got from Perry or Nails, and his money would be much higher than either of those guys. Allen is done, there just isn't any fire left in his big old body.

To me this is no big deal. Allen is a good player but how many of you all were truly licking you chops hoping he would be cut THEN picked up by Miami? Too many factors would have to be played just right for things to fall into place for Miami to get Allen. It did happen in obtaining Boston but lightning rarely strikes twice in the same place. I didn't count on him being in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom