ESPN Blueprint for Being a Super Contender | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Blueprint for Being a Super Contender

AdamD13

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
According to ESPN if a team is to challenge for the Super Bowl the following is what is needed.

1. Elite QB - not yet...good at times, but not elite.
2. Force Turnovers - minus 2 in TO differential
3. Momentum - 3 wins in a row and counting
4. Health - more players got banged up against Jets than the previous 6 games combined. I heard Rex Ryan say he has never prepared for a more healthy team. A product of the way coach Philbin runs practice?
5. Special Teams - the best ST game I have EVER seen Miami play and I have been a fan for 40 years.
6. Red Zone Defense - #2
7. Ability to win on the road - Uh huh...
8. Win the 4th Quarter - hasn't happened yet in the close games...lost two in OT.
9. Pressure the QB with 4 or less pass rushers - perhaps some stat geek can help out on this one?
10. Strong offensive line - Pouncey may already be the best C in the league. Long not playing his best. Miami tied for 10th in league giving up 14 QB sacks and tied for 26th in league only averaging 3.7 ypc.

One thing for sure is Miami has played far better than most fans and practically EVERY media so-called expert has predicted.

Yeah someone posted this earlier.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?328815-ESPN-Super-Bowl-Formula

Again, I love how they anoint Luck as the coming of christ, who is clearly an elite QB. Let's face it. Both of these kids are making fried chicken out of chicken ****. But they aren't that far apart from one another, not at all.

Check this "point" out:

I'm confused.

So how has Ryan Tannehill been modestly successful, yet Andrew Luck seems to be "an elite QB in the making?"

Last time I checked, the similarities in production are rather congruent (same record / nearly the same QB rating)

Indianapolis Colts (4-3)

ind-1.gif
First of all, don't forget that the Colts were 2-14 last season. That record was what allowed them to draft quarterback Andrew Luck in the first place.

Surely, Luck seems to be an elite quarterback in the making, but the Colts are minus-10 in turnover differential, the league's third-worst number. In the fourth quarter, they are at minus-6 in turnover differential, dead last in the league. The road record is 1-2.

Miami Dolphins (4-3)

miagif-1.jpg
Ryan Tannehill has been modestly successful, but can you see the rookie from Texas A&M winning three playoff games? It will be difficult with the offense averaging just more than three touchdowns per game.

The fatal flaw with the Fish: a fourth-quarter scoring differential of minus-29, the league's fourth-worst figure.

Back
Top Bottom