ESPN Brunell : Phinz NOT Major Player | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Brunell : Phinz NOT Major Player

Keep an eye on Jay Feeley. Miami's plans may include someone else's backup ala what they did with Fiedler a few years ago. In my mind, if there is no one out there who is a significant upgrade over Fiedler, I'd stick with Jay and draft a rook. That being said, I don't see more than 4 or 5 possibly available guys that qualify.

1) Brunell
2) Gannon
3) Kitna**** (the guy I really think we should offer cinci a 4th rounder for)
4) Feeley
5) Manning (x2) The reason the manning brother's sit this low is we are as likely to get them as we are to get Dan Marino back as our starting QB

Gator

NO MORE FIEDLER TALK!!! If we keep anyone it must be BG. He has shown he can do it ant 4 games compared to 4 years as a comparison. Oh and BG had no preseason, 9 toes and a turnstyle Lt vs freeney and kearse.

Fiedler had 4 years and he has done nothing but make Dolphins fans cringe more than celebrate. Let's see if his "winning record" stays in say Arizona or Oakland. I say we end this up and down roller coaster of Fiedler and stick with Griese. Give him a preseason to work out and a better O-Line, and he'll perform magnificently like the formerly mediocre and fumble-prone Jon Kitna of the Bengals. Then draft Rivers and make him an understudy.

This is now the official "B. Griese Appreciation Thread"....

Thanks Brian, see ya....

YES TO RIVERS!!!:m83:

PHINZ RULE!!!:cool:

sorry fellas, but I'll never buy the brian greise talk:

Greise = Fumbling statue waiting to get hit in the pocket.

There is no way on this earth that Greise will lead us to a 10 win season. He is a 7 step drop every time and is in the same place in the pocket on every down.

I am not Rah Rah Jay either, I think that even if Jay was a better player than he is, his injury history would still make him a question mark (Hell, If dan marino would have been out/injured for 4 games every year we'd have drafted another QB to compete with him)

Greise is not the future. If the dolphins do not keep him I guarantee he will be out of football ala lawrence phillips in another 2 years. I'd see if we could pry Drew Brees from SD (or even doug flutie for another go round) before I go with Greise.

We need a guy who can throw the ball in bad weather and can manage a game well. Tim Rattay, Jeff Garcia, Kitna, Brunell, someone who is not a liability behind the center.

Liabilities behind center: Jay, Kordell, Greise, Plummer (although this may change), Vinny, Q Carter, ....

How about Ray Ray from Canada and a Rookie?

I've said this before and I'll say it again.....BG sucks! Sucks! Sucks!......sucks as in put up worse numbers then Lucas sucks! Sucks as in he had 4 years at Denver with a ton of pro-bowlers on offense and couldn't do jacks--t with them. Sucks as in I don't care if he only played 4 games here or not there is a reason Denver lost millions AFTER 4 YEARS OF GIVING HIM A CHANCE to dump him....and we found out why.....HE SUCKS!

On a different note, I'm sure he's a decent guy and wish him luck wherever he may wind up, professionally speaking.....but just not here. There is no way he'll be back or deserves to be.

Originally posted by Gatorman
sorry fellas, but I'll never buy the brian greise talk:

Greise = Fumbling statue waiting to get hit in the pocket.

There is no way on this earth that Greise will lead us to a 10 win season. He is a 7 step drop every time and is in the same place in the pocket on every down.

I am not Rah Rah Jay either, I think that even if Jay was a better player than he is, his injury history would still make him a question mark (Hell, If dan marino would have been out/injured for 4 games every year we'd have drafted another QB to compete with him)

Greise is not the future. If the dolphins do not keep him I guarantee he will be out of football ala lawrence phillips in another 2 years. I'd see if we could pry Drew Brees from SD (or even doug flutie for another go round) before I go with Greise.

We need a guy who can throw the ball in bad weather and can manage a game well. Tim Rattay, Jeff Garcia, Kitna, Brunell, someone who is not a liability behind the center.

Liabilities behind center: Jay, Kordell, Greise, Plummer (although this may change), Vinny, Q Carter, ....

How about Ray Ray from Canada and a Rookie?

I would think Kitna is a liability under the pocket. He sure was when he was with Seattle.

Gatorman now you're speakin my language. What I've wanted to do was get Ricky Ray from canada and have him compete with Sage Rosenfels for the start, then draft Rivers.

The last two years Kitna was not a liability under center. He was with Seattle. He was still young then. But the past two year Kitna has done quite well throwing to Chad Johnson. In his last 26 games he's passed 546 of 880 for 6165 yards with 40 TDs and 24 INTS.

He's kept an 86.77 rating over there. He's a lot like Fiedler actually...a lot of heart not a lot of tools, but he unlike Fiedler, tends to stay healthy and can actually produce a 1300 yard receiver. Chambers would be much happier with Kitna throwin the ball I guarantee that.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

The last two years Kitna was not a liability under center. He was with Seattle. He was still young then. But the past two year Kitna has done quite well throwing to Chad Johnson. In his last 26 games he's passed 546 of 880 for 6165 yards with 40 TDs and 24 INTS.

He's kept an 86.77 rating over there. He's a lot like Fiedler actually...a lot of heart not a lot of tools, but he unlike Fiedler, tends to stay healthy and can actually produce a 1300 yard receiver. Chambers would be much happier with Kitna throwin the ball I guarantee that.

Finally something I can agree with you.Kitna will be a very good pickup but it seem like Bengals might be holding on to Kitna fow now.Hopefully Gibbs reconsiders and we acquire Ramsey.

Gibbs should take a gander at acquiring Kitna. He's a 7 year veteran, been around. He can lead a team.

Would be good on the Dolphins so long as we STILL draft ourselves a QB in round 1, preferably Rivers but Henson would do.

I mentioned that the fins weren't a major factor with Brunell anymore like 2 days ago but it was blown off because of the article's arthur.

Back
Top Bottom