ESPN Classic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Classic

FireWrongstedt

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
At 4:30, ESPN Classic is showing a half-hour program on the Monday Night Disaster against the Jets. Just remember folks, as much as it sucked, we still won the division and went to the playoffs while the Jets choked away the playoffs AGAIN. I always tell myself this whenever I see anything regarding that awful evening.

I wonder how many of the pessimistic dolphans were created after that game. It was a completely deflating experience, and I think it still haunts this defense.

It was a completely deflating experience, and I think it still haunts this defense.

Being that I was at the game, it still haunts ME to this day. I was in a daze for 3 days straight after that nightmare.

go_fins said:
That's just great. ESPN takes another cheap shot at the fins.

I don't know about that, it was an amazing comeback, and I think it was voted as best monday night game ever.

wat ever did happend to leslie sheppard- Man i remember this game i was up till like 3 0 clock on a school nite even after the game i couldnt understand how they lost.

When I left the stadium that night, I wandered the parking lot aimlessly for about an hour. I couldn't find my car, and I could barely even speak. I'm not even kidding at all. I felt like someone had shot me right in the heart. I saw another Dolphins fan wandering the lot with the same look on his face that I had on mine- a look of utter devestation. I just walked up to him and said "Dude- please kill me". He looked at me as if to say the same thing back. What a horrible night.

I remember going to work the next day, dazed and confused, and my fellow employees congratulated me on the Dolphins win. I just let them believe that Miami won until they saw sportcenter or read the truth in the papers... I didn't want to try to explain how I thought the dolphins could utterly collapse like they did.

I remember going to work the next day, dazed and confused, and my fellow employees congratulated me on the Dolphins win. I just let them believe that Miami won until they saw sportcenter or read the truth in the papers... I didn't want to try to explain how I thought the dolphins could utterly collapse like they did.

I had to hear it from a couple friends of mine who are Jet fans at school the next day. They were actually at the game and left early. They watched the end on TV when they got home. One of them told me they were waiting for my body to come crashing down in the middle of the field when the game was over. They thought I would've jumped off the light tower. Don't think I didn't consider it, lol.

I would've decked them.

I would've decked them.

Your co-workers that is Tee. I probably would've thought they were busting my balls.

FireWrongstedt said:
I would've decked them.
Your co-workers that is Tee. I probably would've thought they were busting my balls.

If you deck your co-workers you lose your job. Miami was up by soo many points in the 4th quarter I think half of the viewing audience left with most of the Jets fans. If you remember that was much talked about, how the stands emptied out, then filled back up as the Jets made their comeback. Anyway, they- my co-workers- all decided to go to bed and missed the 4th quarter.

I performed my morning ritual as I had every day before school. I wake up at about 5:45, take a nice shower, and walk downstairs just intime for the 6:00 SC. I poured a bowl of cereal and poured milk over it.

It was some delicious sugar packed cereal that would rot away at your teeth all day. It was great.

I had lay in my bed that night listenign to it on my radio, because of course I was still in about 5th grade and my parents would never let me stay up that late. I finnaly fell asleep at about half time.

I still believed that we had won. I couldnt wait to see the top plays of the second half as we furthered our lead.

I almost choked on my sugar packed balls of deliciousness when I saw the final score.

Back
Top Bottom