espn.com has very well written article on Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

espn.com has very well written article on Ricky

great article. we need to do something befor we take years off of his career somebody here on finheaven said he is a once in a lifetime back and they are right we dont need to run him in the ground and take years off his career.lets get some offense and take a load off the mans back befor it is too late.

Ricky is very durable, even though many claim he isn't. 48 straight starts is amazing.

There are many good points in that article. The truth is that we won't be able to run him the way we do for much longer. Ricky is just going to be too beat up. We run him up the middle way too much, and he gets killed behind that offensive line. With that OL, not only are we limiting Ricky's performance, but we are shortening his career.

I don't even know what to say about the whole family situation

Look at what Denver is doing for Clinton Portis. They are making some great holes for him. He has had far fewer carries than Ricky and he still has more yardage. It has to do also with him, but his the Denver OL is a very good run blocking core.

If we get a good oline it will save ricky some years and punishment, and it will get him the yards he deserves.

Great article, we need to help ricky out whether it's with a better o-line a fullback that can stay healthy (maybe a better backup that can block) we need to do something because ricky has come through but the rest of the offense has slacked

as far as the personal stuff, i don't beleive that's any of my business and would have wished if the author left it out

maybe if someone writes an article about the author's personal and private affairs he might reconsider

Excellent article. Very heart-warming as far as taking care of his entire family, from being 6 - and I think it helps to understand him as both a man and an athlete. I don't believe the author should have left out his personal life. It shows what a compassionate guy he is.

Go Ricky. Let's find him an oline who can give him a break. 26 years old is too young to be battered and bruised like he is.

great article. Although I think the personal stuff, as someone else said, could and should have been left out.

With a line like KC or Denver I think Ricky could have 2200 yds in a season...and on less carries. When he breaks into the open field no DB wants to take him 1 on 1.

Great article. However, I agree that some of the explicit personal stuff coulda been left out.

We are wasting Ricky Williams...and it pisses me off. This team has had an AWESOME runner in R.W., and we ran him into the ground the last two years.

Two wasted years of his prime football days.

AARRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!

Didnt Denver win championships both of Terrell Davis' 2000 yd seasons? After that he was never the same. Lets hope he havent used up Ricky like the Broncos used up T.D.

TD's injury wasnt really from him getting run down. Wasnt it because one of his chop-blocking, cheating linemen fell on him?

Back
Top Bottom