espn.com nfl rumors on austin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

espn.com nfl rumors on austin

Dominating this year and invisible the other three. Personally if we trading those kinds of picks for receivers they need to have proven more.
He came from Monmouth as an undrafted free agent. He was very raw and had to learn behind guys like TO, Witten, Glenn and Crayton. Thats why he did not get early PT. He basically forced himself into the starting lineup this year with his play.

I'd give up my 1st for Austin in two seconds. If he - magically - entered the 2010 draft (after the season he just had in Dallas), he'd be a top 5 prospect (being conservative).

Austin was behind T.O. Crayton, Williams, and Glenn. He took 3 years to develop (as many WRs need) and broke out last season. He is far better then any WR on our roster and is a playmaker. If you think he is not worth the #12 pick in the draft, you have not seen him play. This is the only WR I would give up that first rounder for. If they land Dansby in FA, tender Ronnie Brown as a 3rd and let him go, I would do it.

Don't forget that Ireland is responsible for Austin being in Dallas and this may be a move Parcells makes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would piss me off because we had such a perfect opportunity to bring him in last year before he blew up and we for some reason didn't do it. Parcells even mentioned him last year I believe. It would be really dumb to make the move now.

If we get Dansby then I'm all for it, we need a #1 reciever which I believe Austin is capable of being and has proved that he can do it this season, he's still young and most likely he will improve, if we get Karlos Dansby then that means we need Dez Bryant to be available in the first round unless we wnat to bring in McClain, not a bad idea but we dont have a hole at ILB, we just need an upgrade, one of them will do, if we get Dansby, we trade for Austin, then all we need is some depth at NT since unless Terrence Cody is still around in the 2nd round around our pick theres no one left good enough to start, I think we'll try to develop Chris Clemons at FS, he's got really good raw talent, if we land these two players this draft will be primarily for depth, maybe we can get some sleepers, who knows, but right now our two biggest needs are ILB and a #1 WR, if we get them both in FA the draft is simply there for depth

Back
Top Bottom