ESPN.com page 2 sums up my biggest frustration with Sundays game! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN.com page 2 sums up my biggest frustration with Sundays game!

dean_siu

sdkjglkdsjglkdsj
Reaction score
'Tis Better to Have Rushed and Lost Than Never to Have Rushed at All, No. 1: As TMQ has bemoaned, the Marine Mammals' 2002 season went down in flames when, needing to kill the clock and holding a three-point lead in the closing moments against New England with a series of Ricky Williams slams up the middle, Miami went incompletion, incompletion, incompletion. Leading Houston by two with 4:47 left, Miami had first down on its 31. Slam Williams up the middle to grind the clock? No. Pass, pass -- the second one intercepted to set up Houston's win. A reader laments in haiku,

Fiedler or Griese?
Neither leads to Super Bowl:
hand ball to Ricky

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/tmq/030909.html

Remember the year that Buddy Ryan punched the OC (think it was Gilbride) for Houston when he called a pass play at the end of the first half and it was intercepted?

What a Riot!

4:40 is alot of time with Houston having a TO left. Miami has to complete that first down pass.

Originally posted by Sherif
4:40 is alot of time with Houston having a TO left. Miami has to complete that first down pass.

They don't have to complete that pass if they run the ball three downs in a row a pick up a first down.....when you have the best running back in the league on your team, this should be the strategy you try to employ when winning in the 4th quarter.

Yes but not up the middle. The crap zone.

Originally posted by Sherif

That's right Sherif they have to complete that pass period. If we ran Ricky three straight times and than punted than everyone would be screaming "Why didn't we pass the ball when everyone knew Ricky was going to run" so it's pretty much a double standard. Oh well all I can say is we will better as the season progresses..

Did u see how terrible the o-line was all game...thats why they tried passing....had there been less than 3 mins left i would say run the ball, but there was plenty of time and the texans were within a touchdown....

If we let Ricky's talent go to waste without picking up a ring I'm going to be sick.

Originally posted by dean_siu
'Tis Better to Have Rushed and Lost Than Never to Have Rushed at All, No. 1: As TMQ has bemoaned, the Marine Mammals' 2002 season went down in flames when, needing to kill the clock and holding a three-point lead in the closing moments against New England with a series of Ricky Williams slams up the middle, Miami went incompletion, incompletion, incompletion. Leading Houston by two with 4:47 left, Miami had first down on its 31. Slam Williams up the middle to grind the clock? No. Pass, pass -- the second one intercepted to set up Houston's win. A reader laments in haiku,

Fiedler or Griese?
Neither leads to Super Bowl:
hand ball to Ricky

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/tmq/030909.html

Didn't the Dolphins suffer TWO penalties on the drives they are talking about?

Oliver...

DITTO.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
If we let Ricky's talent go to waste without picking up a ring I'm going to be sick.

It's like they're doing what they did to Dan... all over again.

I don't get it. :confused:

I think we could have used short passes to Konrad, McMicheal and Ricky. We did that on the series Ricky ran that screen pass for a TD I believe.

I'm giving them to sunday to show me and the rest of the league if they are for real or just a bunch of overrated players! DAVE WANNSTETD must get his team to play or we will be looking for another coach soon! how many NFL coaches would love to have this dolphin team?.....I know MARVIN LEWIS would!...that was just one game everybody says, so when do you fix the problem? aginst the much inproved BILLS or GIANTS or how about aginst the EAGLES!..my point is the schedule does'nt get any easier then the TEXANS!

Originally posted by Vegas_Phin
I think we could have used short passes to Konrad, McMicheal and Ricky. We did that on the series Ricky ran that screen pass for a TD I believe.

Good point. Did anyone see Konrad all game? I think he had one reception for 8 or so yards. Where was McM? 1 reception?

Back
Top Bottom