ESPN.com page 2 sums up my biggest frustration with Sundays game! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN.com page 2 sums up my biggest frustration with Sundays game!

Originally posted by FACEMASK01
I'm giving them to sunday to show me and the rest of the league if they are for real or just a bunch of overrated players! DAVE WANNSTETD must get his team to play or we will be looking for another coach soon! how many NFL coaches would love to have this dolphin team?.....I know MARVIN LEWIS would!...that was just one game everybody says, so when do you fix the problem? aginst the much inproved BILLS or GIANTS or how about aginst the EAGLES!..my point is the schedule does'nt get any easier then the TEXANS!

We actually PLAY when we play a real team..which is strange. Good, but strange. Plenty of coaches would love to come coach this team.

Ricky averaged over six yarda a touch, be it through running or catching. Do the math, put the ball in his hands and you get your first down. You DO NOT THROW A MIDDLE OUT PATTERN WITH A QB WHO"S ARM STRENGTH IS QUESTIONABLE! Ricky was also averagin over four yards a carry. Again, do the math.

Having said all that, Oliver is right, they had back to back false start penalties I think. However, that late in the game and you know your tema is sluggish and barely holding on, you give the ball to your best player and let him burn some clock. The Texans had one time. One. That means they could have only stopped the clock most likely after the first run. That gives you two more downs to try and get a first down or get it close to the two minute warning. You have that idiot Royals come out and punt it 8 yards away. Hry it puts them at the same spot of where they got the INT, but at least SOME clock is gone.

Wanny better not make that mistake again.

The interception was thrown on a 2nd and 7. No one but a complete moron would call a far side out route on 2nd down with 7 to go in Miami territory. In his heyday Marino could have made that play easily, but he wouldn't throw it in the 4th quarter.

Keep matriculating the ball down the field boys (Madden's words not mine). I don't care if you have to put in 2 tightends and play smash mouth football, in that situation you use 2 players #81 and #34. Pass or run I dont care, keep the damn ball in the middle of the field.

Were they trying to stop the clock on that play. If so, why? Norv called a brilliant 1st half and a forgettable second. But offense is not the only party to blame. The defense should have dominated and they did not. And those penalties were ridiculous. Ricky could have fumbled 6 times and it would have cost us less than all those penalties

Back
Top Bottom