ESPN Countdown! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Countdown!

rickykicks@$$

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I watched the opening of the show and this Rush Limbaugh thing is just gotten way out of hand. I never liked Chris fat*** Berman
or Tom jack*** Jackson, I like them and there show even less after this stupid opening that they felt they had start with. :down:

The opening was a little uncomfortable. But I think the intent was necessary. I was glad to see Tom Jackson hammering Rush. Boomer said he's angry. I think they're really mad that the show had become a target this week and that Rush had taken the focus off of football.....after he he had promised not to.

It's all blown up.

Btw, here they go with the talk about Ricky Williams again. .

Dave said he won't limit Ricky's carries so I guess ultimately that means he's gonna get the ball 45 times, right? :lol:

Irvin atleast has a little bit of sense. I think Irvin is a fan of Ricky's :D

Fat *** Berman is pissing me off. He acts JUST LIKE A BILLS FAN, because he went on to talk about Ricky's hair...........AGAIN. Maybe he's jealous :rolleyes:

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
It's all blown up.

Btw, here they go with the talk about Ricky Williams again. .

Dave said he won't limit Ricky's carries so I guess ultimately that means he's gonna get the ball 45 times, right? :lol:

Irvin atleast has a little bit of sense. I think Irvin is a fan of Ricky's :D

Fat *** Berman is pissing me off. He acts JUST LIKE A BILLS FAN, because he went on to talk about Ricky's hair...........AGAIN. Maybe he's jealous :rolleyes:

Just beat me to that one.

First of all, Rush's comments were way out of line. I, like alot people in the world, have never seen McNabb as a black QB. Rush is an a$$hole and never had any business on the show to begin with!
The opening to the show was heartfelt and needed to alot of people in the world I believe.
All I can say is goodbye to Rush, hated you from the getgo and hate you even more now.

Originally posted by Muck
The opening was a little uncomfortable. But I think the intent was necessary. I was glad to see Tom Jackson hammering Rush. Boomer said he's angry. I think they're really mad that the show had become a target this week and that Rush had taken the focus off of football.....after he he had promised not to.

I didn't watch it but I found you comments interesting. I listened to Rush on the radio Friday and his explanation on why he resigned. First he said that he considered Berman, Jackson and Irvin as friends. He said ESPN supported him when this first broke. He was in a meeting to set up a debate on this weeks show but he said after the Philly media started making a big deal out of what he said, that Jackson and Irvin started getting angry phone calls from friends as to why they didn't challenge Rush. Then I read that Jackson threatened to resign from the show. Rush said that rather than making everybody uncomfortable he decided to resign.
So to hear now that Jackson was hammering Rush, when he did nothing when the comments were made, sounds like Jackson is trying to cover his butt. Some friend!

The whole thing is blown out of proportion. I am in no way a Rush supporter, in fact, I am glad I don't have to see the pill popping hypocrite on sports T.V. any longer, but to me, it didn't seem like much of a racist comment. At least not one to any extreme. As far as people on the set not saying anything? Well, personally I don't think they had a problem with what he said (other than him saying he wasn't that good). No one picked up the story until the following Tuesday, which leads me to believe that most everyone thought it was a non issue, until someone in the Philadelphia media got a hold of it.

With all that being said, it was a stupid comment that really didn't have any presence on a footbal program. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Have fun with the drug ring probe Rush.

Back
Top Bottom