ESPN explains Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN explains Ricky

Yeah there were several links to this article last week. Good one nevertheless. Thanks anyway man. :)

Good read....while i'm not thrilled to have Ricky back, it'll be interesting to see how everything unfolds.

I have never been a big fan of bringing him back, but it does seem as though it's a no lose situation for the Fins. If he is not a bigger distraction than help, it could be interesting.

Brown will not be holding up very well in Dec, if he starts getting 30 carries a game. (He always shared time in college and never had to deal with being the only featured back) It is not that he can't do it, just that he never had to. It might be nice to have a solid backup. By then Ricky will be over his suspension and could have worked his way, slowly, back into playing shape. This would be about the EXACT time we need to spell Brown.

If we start out 3-1, which is not likely, but possible since we play so good at home early in the year, I think most players will not want to risk adding him to the mix. However if we start out 1-3 and Brown is having rookie gitters getting started, then maybe a few more players would accept his return.

I think due to Ricky being such a loner in the locker room and not being a real rah rah guy, if players do let him back on the team he will not be much of a problem. But if we started out good and it then went to crap after Ricky's return, bar the door b/c he would be abused as the scapgoat. IMO

TARHEEL38 said:
Brown will not be holding up very well in Dec, if he starts getting 30 carries a game. (He always shared time in college and never had to deal with being the only featured back)
Remember that we're not running Norv Turner's run-oriented offense anymore.

popularwar: Take us to the promised land, Dwyane!
clear.gif

Dwayne, ain't gonna take you past the SPURS, even if and that is a big if, you get past the Pistons!! :roflmao:

GO SPURS!!!!!

Thanks. Never saw that 1 last week in the barrage of RW articles.

Clayton was wrong on one point.
He claims that
"For one, his holistic healing teachers preached responsibility, natural healing and no drugs. That has kept him off marijuana"

Ricky's 60minutes interview was done well into the school year at the holistic healing "college". In that interview, Ricky admitted- almost proudly- that he was still smoking marijuana. Ricky didnt quit smoking until he started thinking about returning to the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom