ESPN Feature: Austin Jackson Saving His Sister | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Feature: Austin Jackson Saving His Sister

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Club Member
Reaction score
ESPN dropped a 7 minute feature on our 1st round OT Austin Jackson. Most of you are aware of him donating bone marrow for his sister to help save her life. This provides an inside look into that decision and gives us a little better idea of who this young man is as a person. Doing whatever he can to help. Obvious translations to a football team as well. Fits that mold of men that Flores is seeking.

Good vid, give it a watch. I didn't realize they had to drill into his hip several times to extract the marrow. Him and Tua have a little bit in common. Unsure how he will pan out for us, and even the video said he went a little higher than expected, but I'm rooting for the guy, and his sister.

I saw this about a month ago and started following Jackson a little more closely as the Draft approached.

Nice story and it makes him someone you want to cheer for.

Hopefully his sister will continue to recover.

Last edited:
So for the doctors on the forum, what would be the impact of that transplant and expected recovery time?

Not only did he have to recover from the procedure, but he missed most of their preseason work to prepare for it.

So he was weakened and rusty from time off.

He played better later in the season and has the reach and feet of a legit LT.

I am not worried about him at all.

They did not draft him to protect Fitzpatrick in September, they drafted him to protect Tua for the 10 years after that.

ESPN dropped a 7 minute feature on our 1st round OT Austin Jackson. Most of you are aware of him donating bone marrow for his sister to help save her life. This provides an inside look into that decision and gives us a little better idea of who this young man is as a person. Doing whatever he can to help. Obvious translations to a football team as well. Fits that mold of men that Flores is seeking.

Good vid, give it a watch. I didn't realize they had to drill into his hip several times to extract the marrow. Him and Tua have a little bit in common. Unsure how he will pan out for us, and even the video said he went a little higher than expected, but I'm rooting for the guy, and his sister.

Kid is 20 years old, and there is somethere for the coaching staff to work with.

The good news: They are going to work with him this year to make sure he becomes a good enough L-tackle to help protect Fitz's blindside, but come next year, the Right side will be even more important, yet the left side to continue to hopefully have a quality player.

Back
Top Bottom