ESPN gives us bad draft status for AFC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN gives us bad draft status for AFC

Link??

Honestly, I think we had a solid draft this year. ESPN be damned.

Why do we always seem to draft db's high. Is it as much of a need this year as other positions?

I give ESPN an F on their coverage.....

I give Mel Kiper a D on his mock draft......

Opinions are like A-holes..........

Miamian said:
Why do we always seem to draft db's high. Is it as much of a need this year as other positions?

4th rounder for a 1st round talent. Hey, we didn't choose a DB till the 2nd Day. :)

I actually do give ESPN an F for their coverage on Saturday. They seemed really disorganized, and the direction was piss-poor. I had the draft on mainly as background noise today, so I didn't notice whether they improved. I really hope they get it ironed out and lose that idiot Michael Irvin (bring back Sharpe!) for next year...

I was also disappointed by no EA Sports/Madden commercials this year, too.

Muck said:
Link??

Honestly, I think we had a solid draft this year. ESPN be damned.

I actually agree. I think it was decent. I wouldn't say solid, but not poor.

Exact words for those that missed it on sports center Mel Kiper was asked who he thought had the worst draft in the AFC he responed. "Miami...The Dolphins did get a solid o-lineman in Carey whitch was their biggest need. Besides that they failed to get a #3 WR witch is huge hole on thier team. They also didn't get enough bodies on defense. I think thier defense is overated, and they didn't do anything to improve it."

That wasn't word for word, but pretty close. It was live TV, but I was very shocked by his comments. We got a CB in the 4th round that had a 89 grade on ESPN.com, so according to ESPN we got a 1st round talent in the 4th. Maybee if Mel paid as much attention to the NFL as he did his hair he would realize that Miami rarely lines up in a 3 wr set. Also Dave has said that it will be even less this year.

I think the Dolphins had a pretty good draft with the picks we had. We needed to add at least 3 o-lineman and we did that. We needed to address the fact the Madison has 1 maybee 2 years left in a Dolphins uniform. We got a guy that could possibly replace him or at very least be our nickel back if Howard takes the job. The other pick had to be a safety, DT, or WR. I will trust that we took the best player available at those postions in the 5th.

Jimmy James said:
I was also disappointed by no EA Sports/Madden commercials this year, too.

I hope you are joking. There were plenty of Madden commercials this year. They may have been hidden in draft day analyses. It was really funny. Them commenting on how keyshawn catches the ball while watching a simulated Keyshawn catch the ball, who looked like Armani toomer, catching the ball or any other wide reciever. Or breaking down the throwing mechanics of Kerry Collins. Watching the simulated are go back and his simulated feet set.

I do have to say, the graphics did look nice.

Madison only has possibly one year left?

Won't that kill us on the cap given his restructured deal? I thought TimBo was the guy who might only have one year left...

Well, I wanted funny EA commercials like we got last year. You certainly are right about how often they plugged them and used their graphics, though.

I agreed with Kiper when he said that when the defense was called on to make plays last year, that they failed way too often for a top defense. I don't see how the draft would solve that problem

I can't believe that almost everybody was kissing golden boy's golden balls.

"this situation is nobody's fault. Not Eli's....blah blah blah"

WTF???? Who the hell is at fault then? This line of reasoning made me sick. I can't believe Irvin went along with that shhhhhh....oot.....and then went on to call out Roy Williams for staying in school? Lost a lot of respect for big Mike there.

The Goldne Boy is not at fault? Excuse me while I remove my face from the collostimy(sp?) bag.

Back
Top Bottom