ESPN gives us bad draft status for AFC | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN gives us bad draft status for AFC

Jimmy James said:
I actually do give ESPN an F for their coverage on Saturday. They seemed really disorganized, and the direction was piss-poor. I had the draft on mainly as background noise today, so I didn't notice whether they improved. I really hope they get it ironed out and lose that idiot Michael Irvin (bring back Sharpe!) for next year...

I was also disappointed by no EA Sports/Madden commercials this year, too.

ESPN only cares about how many commercials they can squeeze in and then waste our time talking about the obvious all day. :shakeno: BTW, The Bills draft was not that good. What will their Oline be like? ouch. me not worried about Lee Evans since we got another high talent CB.

I know one thing, we added a much needed player in OT V. Carey. He was the best OLman available at the time, and we had to take him. He'll contribute right away...

The two picks after VC, were both potential steals, especially CB W. Poole. This guy is an aggressive, hard hitting tackling machine. He was expected to go late in the first round, and we got him late in the draft. Great pick.

As for T. Bua, I'm satisfied. He's another very hard worker who loves the game of football. He's a hard hitter who can also get after the QB blitzing from the outside. He could turn out to be a very solid OLB in a couple of years, and will contribute immediately as a ST's stand out....

The two OLman taken will add good depth if nothing else. That is something this offense has lacked over the Wanny years. Good picks IMO. T. Pape could emerge as a starting OG sooner than expected. I like the OL picks...

All in all, a very solid draft. Not flashy or exciting, but solid none the less...

GRADE B

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

Maybe Memories said:
Its was ok.... i think we could of and should have drafted a WR!~

To replace who, we still don't know what we have. We all know CC, DB, and DT, but we'll still learning about Simmons, who impressed me last year before he got hurt, then there's JR, Minnis, and Newson. Those are not bad WR's.

Superself said:
Well guess what....you are 100% correct! :)

There is nothing to see here folks...lets move on and stop bashing Mel because someone misquoted him.

He never said we had a bad draft.

You are wrong sir. On sportcenter last night the question was who in the AFC had the worst draft. Mel was first to answer and he said Miami, and as i said before he said we really needed a 3 wr and didn't get one, and he said our defense is overrated and we didn't do anything to help it.

It was a fine draft, considering what we had to work with again. vernon is a beast, and will poole was a steal. even the other cats grade out well, with what we needed. it could've been worse. tell me guys, we dont have a second rounder next year either right? and our first will prob. be much later than this year. not a good trend.

Bodzilla29 said:
I can't believe that almost everybody was kissing golden boy's golden balls.

"this situation is nobody's fault. Not Eli's....blah blah blah"

WTF???? Who the hell is at fault then? This line of reasoning made me sick. I can't believe Irvin went along with that shhhhhh....oot.....and then went on to call out Roy Williams for staying in school? Lost a lot of respect for big Mike there.

The Goldne Boy is not at fault? Excuse me while I remove my face from the collostimy(sp?) bag.

I agree... you have to give Merrill Hoge his due though. He absolutely BLASTED Eli for the situation, and went on to say the whole reason that this came out is because his feelings were hurt when the Chargers came out and said they felt Rivers was the best QB in the draft. He then went on to show why he felt Manning was over-rated and CLEARLY illustrated Eli's downfalls in transitioning to the NFL.

Hoge and possibly "Stink" are the only two guys, I like to watch on ESPN. Hoge especially, always tells it like it is without worrying about stroking anyones ego, unlike "Jaws."

He also went on to say he felt Rivers was the best QB in the draft after watching all of them on tape.

Back
Top Bottom