ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East

so most of Miami's points allowed came off turnovers but the Jets are overrated? do you realize the Jets turned it over 34 times while Miami turned it over 25 times but the Jets D is overrated and Miami's D has the TO excuse.

I do agree our D was not very good last year but it's going to be more '09 & '10 like than '11 like this year
---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

how does the best D in the division help their team start 0-7? anything after 0-7 you can throw out b/c your season was over.

It's funny how you guys tell me our D is overrated(a year ago I'd agree), our coach isn't very good and our QB stinks yet we seem to have success every year- how does that happen?

and you know that how?

Um its a team game there junc....There are 3 aspects to the game last time i checked and we weren't very good at the offensive part last year to open things up.....also the shortened offseason and our TERRIBLE coaching may have played a roll. its good though beacuse now Sparano is your problem...so be ready to watch Tebow wild cat it up all day while marky stuffs his face with wieners on the sideline. 8-8 is success? All that is is missing the playoffs and getting a terrible draft position. Its like the worst of both worlds.....now im not gonna say if your not gonna make the playoffs....losee every game, etc. but im just saying missing the playoffs in the nfl...not one person characterizes that year as a success.

Oh yea we did start 0-7..so we didnt win like anything the first half of the year...and yet finish only two games behind you....including taggin that behind week 17 when we ended your season....i wont forget Marky fav target...Randy Starks...he threw more competitions to our 300+ lbs d-lineman that game than he did to his #1 wr Santonio.....dang...but your year was a success as you mentioned.

you beat us in a close game and we would have been eliminated either way and last I checked you still finished 2 games behind us despite beating us in week 17, right? You haven't been closer than 2 games behind us since 2008.

and you know that how?

I can't say I KNOW it, many things can happen but I expect it for many reasons.

-Rex calling the D again- this is HUGE
-Coples & Davis
- slimmed down, motivated Bart Scott
-bryan thomas back
-Mo Wilkerson in year 2
-improved safety play

I expect somewhere btw 2009 & 2010 production.

It's funny how you guys tell me our D is overrated(a year ago I'd agree), our coach isn't very good and our QB stinks yet we seem to have success every year- how does that happen?

Dropping five of the last seven games against Miami and missing the playoffs is having success? Miami was 6th in scoring D, you guys were 20th, case closed, end of story.

you beat us in a close game and we would have been eliminated either way and last I checked you still finished 2 games behind us despite beating us in week 17, right? You haven't been closer than 2 games behind us since 2008.
8-8 and missing the playoffs is not a successful season............by you saying it was successful......takes a shot to your credibility, thus making all your arguments look like you just did a nice fat dap and flogged it to Rex's foot fetish video. You can split hairs all you want......We have won 5 of the last 7 against you.....and you guys have won nothin....at least we got a division title in 08.......

-Coples & Davis
-bryan thomas back
-Mo Wilkerson in year 2
-improved safety play

- Coyle implementing hybrid D and more attacking/less conservative defensive calls.
- Richard Marshall & Olivier Vernon.
- Karlos Dansby and Burnett playing the scheme they were built for.
- Vontae Staying healthy.
- Odrick getting his chance to showcase his abilities with ample opportunity.
- Jimmy Wilson ...improved S play

See we can all do that.....

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

-Coples & Davis
-bryan thomas back
-Mo Wilkerson in year 2
-improved safety play

From the same AFC East ESPN writer http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

No. 2: Yeremiah Bell signs with the Jets

Walker's take: The New York Jets bolstered their safety position with the signing of Bell, who is a solid addition this late in free agency. The problem I have is Bell is similar to fellow free-agent signing LaRon Landry. Both are great tacklers, but the pair struggle in coverage. Will Landry or Bell play free safety and attempt to cover tight ends and receivers going across the middle? Neither is a good option. Eric Smith is probably a little better in coverage, but he's not a viable starter. The Jets did not improve their pass coverage this offseason, which is a major issue.

Bell and Landry are the same player except one is coming off surgery and the other is 34 years old......not a great plus either way

yes Bell always has a ton of tackles, he is an ideal in the box run support hard hitting safety, which is where most of the tackles come from, unfortunately as Dolphins fans know , a majority of those other tackles come from behind when he tracking down TE's blowing right by him for 10-15 yards a clip, any WR with speed blowing right by him, he also has lacked play making ability around the ball, there is a reason in 8 season he has just 6 Interceptions, he has made some great plays over the years but even the thought of him being the FS is scary

- Coyle implementing hybrid D and more attacking/less conservative defensive calls.
- Richard Marshall & Olivier Vernon.
- Karlos Dansby and Burnett playing the scheme they were built for.
- Vontae Staying healthy.
- Odrick getting his chance to showcase his abilities with ample opportunity.
- Jimmy Wilson ...improved S play

See we can all do that.....

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

was your D #1 in the recent past? was your D top 5 in the rankings 3 straight years?(rankings don't tell all but they give us a gauge)

Kevin Coyle is not Rex Ryan and has never been a DC
Richars who? olivier who?
Dansby is a good player, Burnett average
vonate is a decent corner
when will odrick show anything?

8-8 and missing the playoffs is not a successful season............by you saying it was successful......takes a shot to your credibility, thus making all your arguments look like you just did a nice fat dap and flogged it to Rex's foot fetish video. You can split hairs all you want......We have won 5 of the last 7 against you.....and you guys have won nothin....at least we got a division title in 08.......

I don't recall telling you 2011 was successful, it was a terrible year for us yet better than any dolphin season since 2008.

you have also lost 2 of your last 4 against us, we've been to the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years, our 4 playoff wins in that span is more than Miami has total from 1995-2011.

You'd rather win the div in '08 and get humiliated in the WC rd at home then earn a WC berth and win 2 playoff games a year to reach 2 title games?

Dropping five of the last seven games against Miami and missing the playoffs is having success? Miami was 6th in scoring D, you guys were 20th, case closed, end of story.

we had some success last year but it was not a succesful season, I was more talking '09 & '10 and as "bad" as we were we were still better than you guys.

teams played conservative against you knowing all they had to do was pretty much not turn it over and they'd beat you. Our O/STs gave up a ton of points so our D was actually much better than the rankings indictae in pts scored but I don't believe they were as good as their yds allowed stat.

You started 0-7, that's all we need to know. a big time D, a top 10 D is not starting 0-7. throw away the meaningless stats after that.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

From the same AFC East ESPN writer http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

No. 2: Yeremiah Bell signs with the Jets

Walker's take: The New York Jets bolstered their safety position with the signing of Bell, who is a solid addition this late in free agency. The problem I have is Bell is similar to fellow free-agent signing LaRon Landry. Both are great tacklers, but the pair struggle in coverage. Will Landry or Bell play free safety and attempt to cover tight ends and receivers going across the middle? Neither is a good option. Eric Smith is probably a little better in coverage, but he's not a viable starter. The Jets did not improve their pass coverage this offseason, which is a major issue.

Bell and Landry are the same player except one is coming off surgery and the other is 34 years old......not a great plus either way

yes Bell always has a ton of tackles, he is an ideal in the box run support hard hitting safety, which is where most of the tackles come from, unfortunately as Dolphins fans know , a majority of those other tackles come from behind when he tracking down TE's blowing right by him for 10-15 yards a clip, any WR with speed blowing right by him, he also has lacked play making ability around the ball, there is a reason in 8 season he has just 6 Interceptions, he has made some great plays over the years but even the thought of him being the FS is scary

I didn't say we were great at safety I said improved. Our Safety play was awful last year and we signed the 2 new Safeties and drafted 2 more. we are in much better shape at S than we were a year ago though I would still love Leonhard back for depth.

breaking news who gives a **** the jets and bills will miss the playoffs. mark it down save the post. the jets have not improved and will probly be worse than last year. im betting on the jets being 4th in the division. i also predicted they would go 8-8 last year

breaking news who gives a **** the jets and bills will miss the playoffs. mark it down save the post. the jets have not improved and will probly be worse than last year. im betting on the jets being 4th in the division. i also predicted they would go 8-8 last year

did you predict 11-5 and a title game in 2010? did you predict Miami would start 0-7 last year?

did you predict 11-5 and a title game in 2010? did you predict Miami would start 0-7 last year?
\
the jets are so overrated its retarded and deep down you know it. they WILL NOT be better than last year. save this. they just arent a very good team. your qb sucks, its bad when matt freaking moore is better than your 5th overall draft pick. you have a backfield of shoulda coulda rbs, and the d is so overrated its not funny.

I assume that most everyone knows that they are making nyjunc's life more complete and happy yet simply cannot help themselves.

He tries to take over threads, but we allow him to.

It is a shame that this site does not have a ignore button.

Back
Top Bottom