ESPN names Dolphins fanbase 7th most miserable in sports | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN names Dolphins fanbase 7th most miserable in sports

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Two decades filled with mostly struggle have left the Miami Dolphins with a generation of fans that know only the stories of what this once proud franchise was capable of. Super Bowl victories, undefeated seasons, the Killer B’s, historic offenses — these are all just fairy tales to many Dolphins fans, who weren’t alive to see it for themselves.

And the mediocrity that has come in the wake of all that success? It’s taking a toll on Dolphins fans — or at least according to ESPN’s new ranking of the most miserable fan bases in sports.

“The “Miami Miracle” was the most exciting thing that’s happened to the Dolphins in roughly 20 years, which highlights the funk this franchise has been in since Dan Marino retired.”

Really, one flukey play is what they pick? Although it didn’t work out, at the time most of us would say making the playoffs with a new coach in 2008 and 2016 was waaaaay more exciting.

“The “Miami Miracle” was the most exciting thing that’s happened to the Dolphins in roughly 20 years, which highlights the funk this franchise has been in since Dan Marino retired.”

Really, one flukey play is what they pick? Although it didn’t work out, at the time most of us would say making the playoffs with a new coach in 2008 and 2016 was waaaaay more exciting.

I don’t agree with that. I would say the wildcat game was better.

Gotta go outside every once in a while. I like the Dolphins but believe me they have very little impact on my long term enjoyment of things.
Rephrasing. I'm miserable on Sunday's.

The Dolphins’ last playoff win in December of 2000— with Lamar Smith running in for the winning score in overtime— was more exciting and more memorable.

im really trying to figure out how the hell my Hornets are not worse than my Fins. and thank god the Canes made it to the conference finals last year or i'd have 3 teams in the top 20

As hard as it is to watch other teams succeed- I have never once truly felt miserable about our team. Jealous / envious- yes!
Even when we went 1-15 as a grown man, I jerked a tear in a bar full of grown men and women "Pats Place" Pompano Beach FL - all of them where either Pats fans or Jets Fans.
They all congratulated me, high five'd me, cheered etc.. That feeling was a breath of fresh air.

I want to see this team hoist a trophy before I die also- but the fun part is the challenge and adversity our team goes through to get there.
If and when we finally get there- it'll feel even better to see us succeed.

Until then- its fun talking ****,pointing fingers and making excuses.

The best part about this rebuild is- long time dolphin fans who have stuck with this team through thick and thin, knows its what needed to happen to truly start over.

Rant over-

Back
Top Bottom