ESPN NFL Draft Consensus on 1st Round | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN NFL Draft Consensus on 1st Round

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just wasted 2 hours of my life watching the ESPN NFL draft special.

Everyone--Clayton, Mort, Mueller, etc... agreed that the 49ers will take Alex Smith, even if a contract isn't hammered out by Saturday. Also, they all felt no team with two first round picks will trade up.

They didn't say it, but this means Miami will pick at #2.

Also, Tommy Tuberville was on with Ronnie Brown. He was asked why Caddy started ahead of Ronnie, and his answer was sort of trivial. I don't even remember what he said. My opinion on this is that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all...

That's the report....

That's funny, because Clayton on yesterday said the chances were better than 50-50 Miami trades down -- most likely with the Vikings. They don't know Jack Squat.

We are looking for 7 overall, 2, 3, and 4 or 5, not 7 and 18, we know it won't happen.

LostInPatsLand said:
I just wasted 2 hours of my life watching the ESPN NFL draft special.

Everyone--Clayton, Mort, Mueller, etc... agreed that the 49ers will take Alex Smith, even if a contract isn't hammered out by Saturday. Also, they all felt no team with two first round picks will trade up.

They didn't say it, but this means Miami will pick at #2.

Also, Tommy Tuberville was on with Ronnie Brown. He was asked why Caddy started ahead of Ronnie, and his answer was sort of trivial. I don't even remember what he said. My opinion on this is that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all...

That's the report....

He basically danced around the question about Brown and Caddy. He said that Brown started a few but it just worked out that Caddy got the starting job. He said that they normally ended up getting equal playing time. Basically nothing.

Today's show was BY FAR the worst draft special they have had. Last week's shows and Monday's show (I missed yesterday) were very good. Hopefully tommorrow nights show will be good (Matt Jones will be on). I basically think everytime they say things that are good for the fins (lot's of interest from Minny, Tampa, Arizona, Cleveland etc. in moving up) I feel like it's a good show. When everything points to us having to stay at #2, I feel disappointed (maybe that's why I felt today's show sucked). Regardless, I felt like there was less draft info on this show then on previous ones.

Back
Top Bottom